Earlier this morning I took a cup of tea out into the garden as in comparison to indoors it's much cooler there. Mr P and I have been taking things slowly this week because of the hot weather. I'm sure Mr P enjoys the warmth, but it doesn't suit me so well. I've felt a little dizzy in the last couple of days.
However, on Monday we took a stroll along the local high street which we don't do so often. There are three birthdays coming up this month including a 21st birthday and our great granddaughter's first one so we went along to a card shop to choose a selection of special cards.
After that there was my usual walk in the park to get to the library and then a look around the Walled Garden. (The garden was open and the volunteers were busy working there). The photos I took reflect the season and the good weather.
This weekend our local daughter and partner are taking us out for a family meal. (As I've mentioned, the great granddaughter and the two local grandchildren have birthdays in September and we're looking forward to celebrating with them). I'm sure there'll be photos of the occasion to share next time I post a blog.
Have a wonderful weekend whatever you're doing. Thank you for coming by.
Have a great weekend and enjoy the heat now! 😉
ReplyDeleteI'll try and make the most of the good weather in the day time although I can't cope with the heat at night since there's no air.
Deleteall good people are born in September, I know this because my birthday was last week, my mother was born in September too. and quite a few of my friends and relatives. Glad you will get to have a celebration with yours. I did not know banana trees will grow in your climate. It looks healthy and all the flowers are beautiful.
ReplyDeleteClimate change is possibly creating this unexpected heat here in the UK. There are all sorts of areas where different plants are grown in the Walled Garden. There's an area near the glasshouses for exotics, plants that grow in the Mediterranean climate and those that are happy in drought conditions. I expect the banana tree likes the place by the high wall. :)
DeleteFantastic, those coloured walls have definitely come into their own next to the glorious flowers. It's a lovely time of year.
ReplyDeleteThe walled garden by the library is a great asset and I like to pop in when it's open to the local community. Have a good Sunday CK!
DeleteSuch a lovely walled garden - I had a visit to Beningbrough Hall yesterday and the colours in their walled garden are glorious, sadly, the heat eventually got to me and I had to rest a while in the shade.
ReplyDeleteI don't know Beningbrough Hall and I'll look it up. The unexpected heat can be trying so a shady spot is somewhere to welcome. Thank you for your visit. I'll be in touch.
DeleteP.S. Unfortunately I can't access your WordPress account at the moment. I hope you have a good September.
DeleteI hope you feel easier now the weather has cooled a little, I must admit it has bothered me too. The walled garden looks wonderful and so colourful. I hope you had a lovely meal with your family:)
ReplyDeleteI hope you will feel better when it's cooler also. (It's still hot and humid today). We enjoyed our meal out. Photos of the event are few, but I'll post them soon. They provide memories of a a happy meal out with our family.
Deletep.s. Have a good week Rosie.
ReplyDeleteDelightful photos Linda, and taking a cup of tea out into the garden sounds idyllic. Best to take things slow in the hot weather we have been having. I haven’t been on any of our walks which I greatly miss, but I always feel faint in our humid weather. You have reminded me I need to check on what birthdays are coming up this month, it’s all slipping away from me again. I expect the meal with your daughter and partner was a lovely one. More celebratory meals ahead. How wonderful! I look forward to your photos. Wishing you all a very happy week.
ReplyDeleteThank you Denise. We had a lovely birthday family meal and I'll post those photos soon. There are more photos to come as we have been invited to great granddaughter's birthday party this weekend. I hope you and Gregg have a good week.
DeleteIt was a good weekend here. Glad you had a nice garden walk and tea outdoors. Family time is extra special too. Enjoy! Take care! Hope the dizziness is gone now.
ReplyDeleteThank you Marilyn. It's a lot cooler now. In fact we've had rain, thank goodness. I'm feeling a lot better. :) I hope you and your family are keeping well.
DeleteWhat beautiful photos, I did enjoy them.xxx
ReplyDeleteThank you Dina. I'm glad you enjoyed the walk around the walled garden. xx
DeleteI have read about the rather warm temps in the UK this summer, Linda, and so glad we will be visiting next month when it's cooled down a bit. Hot weather is my least favorite as well and no AC would be very uncomfortable for me as well. I hope you're feeling better and enjoyed a lovely walk as I did just looking at this post.
ReplyDeleteI hope the weather is suitable for your tour over here next month. Thank you for coming by and I'm glad you enjoyed this blog post.
Delete