A rich tapestry

September 05, 2023

Our Garden in September

We're enjoying sunny weather and we make the most of it by sitting out in the garden in between garden work.  I tend to get up early and walk around the garden before breakfast.  The grass is still wet from the dew and there are still plenty of flowers to look at - not quite the variety as in the Walled Garden in the park where I went yesterday and will share another time, but still full of colour from seasonal planting.

We harvest the green beans, other vegetables and fruit, bottle tomatoes, make jam and look forward to gathering other veggies and maybe a few apples.  Most of the apples have dropped before developing further and there are no pears this year.

There are courgettes and cauliflowers as well as more tomatoes growing in the soil in the greenhouse. Other plants and herbs are in pots in the covered yard area. Being near the kitchen they are at hand to pick and use. 








The garlic cloves will get planted. We cut the sunflower heads and dry them as the garden birds will peck at the seeds when we place them on the new bird table.  The hanging one given by our grandson for Mr P's birthday has been hung up on one of the climbing rose tree branches.

 

September is a lovely month when the weather is dry.  We appreciate these days in the UK when the light seems golden and it's warm, but not too hot.

I hope all is well where you are.  Thank you for coming by.  Have a good day!


14 comments:

  1. I love eating sunflower seeds myself. I might be out there fighting with the birds haha and a squirrels. Everything looks wonderful the vegetables the flowers the plants. I love it when everything is beautiful and it's cool enough to be outside enjoying the view. Life in your garden right now is very lovely to see

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love your comment regarding the seeds Sandra. :)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful garden and your flowers and produce look wonderful. The heat this week is a surprise,it's a case of get everything done early morning so we can rest in the heat of the afternoon:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rosie. Getting out in the fresh air especially in a garden aids our well being. Getting chores done early in a morning is essential for us during these warm days. I hope you're enjoying the sunny weather in your area.

      Delete
  3. Looks like your garden is providing some delicious things for you to enjoy. You are reaping the benefits of what you sowed. Happy September to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed Ellen. Happy September to you too.

      Delete
  4. Oh Linda what a beautiful time it is in your garden and yard! It really is the best month for vegetables and apples and stone fruits here in Oregon and lhere are lots of nice Fall flowers as well -- as long as the rainy season doesn't come early. Pretty much the same as where you live! I don't garden myself anymore (we used to) so I enjoy tours of other people's talent and hard work -- thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harvesting produce is satisfying. Once again Mr P has worked hard -growing the produce which supplements our diet. I can imagine you're enjoying the Oregon climate and all it has to offer.

      Delete
  5. How wonderful, it's a great time of year to finally enjoy all those plants you have tended through the year and reap all the tasty rewards too! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're enjoying the sunshine and making the most of the good weather. Whatever you do in these September days I wish you well.

      Delete
  6. I love that your garden is not only beautiful, but productive. There is something very satisfying about eating the produce and fruit you have grown yourself.Apart from being sustaining, there s a wonderful feeling of accomplishment to it -- from farm-to-table being spot on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We enjoy what Mr P produces and continue to appreciate the different areas of our garden. Thinking of you Jeanie.

      Delete
  7. Your garden looks beautiful and your harvests are wonderful. I planted a grapevine this year, I hope it does as well as yours next year.xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to seeing how your grapevine progresses. You have "green fingers" so it's sure to do well. :)

      Delete