A rich tapestry

May 02, 2024

Our Week

Yesterday I went to the library in the park to get the library books I'd reserved and then walked to the lake and around the walled garden.  Trees are beginning to produce their lime green leaves and there's still a lot of colour in the walled garden.




The cherry blossom in the park is nearly over now.


Behind the walled garden there's the coach house stable café where people were sitting outside in the sunshine.


You can now get to the café entrance from the walled garden and its courtyard.  Here's a view from the rose garden.


At this time of the year the magnolia blossom is out and the greenery looks pretty against the blue sky.


There are flowering shrubs, (possibly a daphne shrub), polyanthuses and lots of bedding plants in different areas of the garden.





The glasshouses are still full of plants as we're still getting cold frosts at night.  Later on these bedding plants will be planted out in the walled garden.


Across the road from the park I couldn't resist taking photos of the shutters on the closed café, which I've shown you before.  Each season of the year has been painted on the window shutters and I wanted to take photos of the bluebells.




The cherry tree in our neighbours' garden attracts the birds. 


Our magnolia tree looks prettier now that the green leaves have appeared.

I'll probably write about the books I collected from the library on a future blog as I've only just started reading one of them.
Until next time,  have a good day!


30 comments:

  1. Have a good day too and a happy upcoming weekend! 👋😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Luisella. Sorry I can't leave a comment on your blog. All the best.

      Delete
  2. love that mural on the shutters and everything is so GREEN, really GREEN! and so pretty to see here.. glad you got out to get your books, enjoy..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, our world is greening up and we're enjoying the sunshine :)

      Delete
  3. The park looks pretty special in the spring

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment. All the best Bill.

      Delete
  4. Isn't it so cheering to see those blue skies and all the new leaves out. I do love those shutters and never tire of seeing them. We've had some wonderful days this week but then a really loud storm overnight before It's gone all gloomy again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Storms are due up here too. Thankfully we've had another dry and sunny day today. We had capping work done on our roof today as the windy weather loosened a few tiles last week.

      Delete
  5. Looks like it was an absolutely beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tammy for coming by. It's good to hear from you. I shall return your visit a.s.a.p. to see how you're doing. Have a good day!

      Delete
  6. Lovely spring gardens, so nice and cheerful to see on my dull grey day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always a pleasure to take a walk in the park and visit the walled garden by the library. Thank you Diana for your visit over on your side of the world where it must be Autumn.

      Delete
  7. The gardens looks so fresh and green, lots of flowers and blossom too. Enjoy reading your latest books and have a lovely weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rosie. I wish you and your husband a good weekend. :)

      Delete
  8. OH, the beautiful walled gardens and the shrubs and trees! The shutter is really beautiful too! I'd be interested to see your books!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everything looks like Spring in your corner. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for taking us along, Linda, as you went to the library book pickup. We are finally getting a lot of blooms here and looks like your area is really greeening up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Springtime is a lovely season. Enjoy the blossom and greenery over in Nashua. :)

      Delete
  11. Hi Linda. I love this walk -- couldn't be anything more wonderful than ending a beautiful nature walk at the Library -- and with books you wanted to read waiting for you. That's a joyful day. Our daughter has a tulip magnolia in her yard (in Oregon) and I can only hope that it will still be blooming when we get back in a couple of months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the magnolia is still blooming when you get back to Oregon. Sallie - all the best - safe travels across the States to your daughter's home. Thank you for your blog visit.

      Delete
  12. Seeing all your pretty photos makes me feel so good, thank you Linda :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Denise. Have a good day!

      Delete
  13. Blue skies and some sunshine while walking along with you around the park. Just lovely.
    The cafe shutter are very pretty too. Enjoy the rest of the week x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We try to make the most of the good weather. There's always something to see in the park when I go to the library and the walled garden. Have a good day Beverley and D.

      Delete
  14. It's a lovely time of year when the trees begin to get their leaves, all the new growth is so fresh and zingy. It's nice that you're able to combine your library visits with a walk in such a pretty park.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you're also enjoying the warmer weather. Dear Jo, thanks for your visit :)

      Delete

Thank you for your comment which is appreciated.
Moderation is on and Spam will be deleted.