It has been a while since I posted a blog. I've been enjoying the warmer weather and we've both been busy in the garden. We have some good garden centres in our neighbourhood. Yesterday we went to our local horticultural society for the first time. It's tucked away up a path leading to a big shed full of gardening equipment etc. Outside there were many plants and we were spoilt for choice. Mr P wanted to take a look at the vegetable plants on offer and get some compost. There are also a few allotments on the site. I'm sure local people keep them and work them so there must be a waiting list to acquire one. Mr P got his compost and some small plugs of broccoli which he's transferred into the greenhouse. Everything was reasonably priced.
Below are some of the flowers growing in our garden and covered yard this month. The roses too are just beginning to open their buds.
I hope you're also enjoying good weather where you live.
Thank you for visiting. Speak again soon.

Plug plant veg are really useful if you only want to grow a few. D 'discovered' them this year and thinks it would be perfect for her when she has her own place. The weather has been lovely over the last week and I'm not surprised you have been spending time in your garden. You have some beautiful plants flowering at the moment.
ReplyDeleteWe've only got a small garden and a raised bed for vegetables fits in a small area. As you say, plants in plugs will be useful. Thank you for coming by. I'll catch up with your news very soon. Meanwhile all the best to you and D.
DeleteHello Linda and congratulations for the lovely flowers in your garden!
ReplyDeleteWe were enjoying warm pleasant weather at home in Finland, with 25C and sunny days, but now we are in Verona under daily rain showers. Let's hope not too heavy...
Have a great week ahead!
Thank you Luisella for your kind comments. I hope the weather improves for you during your time in Verona. It's interesting to hear that you're experiencing warm weather in Finland. It's a beautiful country. All the best for the days ahead.
DeleteYou and Mr P have a lovely little garden area, Linda, and I can well imagine how enjoyable it is to visit the local garden centers and the horticultural society. At times, we miss having our gardens, but then other times we do not miss the work involved. Currently, we are on a road trip and now in Prince Edward Island, Canada.
ReplyDeleteFor Mr P gardening has always been a way of life and we both enjoy the benefits from our garden areas. I look forward to seeing Prince Edward Island and your Canadian trip from your perspective.
DeleteIt's such a joy to have some warm weather and see all the colourful flowers back in our gardens, you have some great ones by the look of it as well as lots of tasty vegetables to look forward to later in the year. I'm so pleased our peony, which looks like yours, has finally flowered this year after a few years of the bud dropping off!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad to hear your peony has recovered well. The wet weather during the Spring hasn't helped many of the plants we like to see in our gardens. I've just started to watch the television broadcasts from the Chelsea Flower Show. I hope the good weather continues for all our gardening needs this month. All the best to you!
DeleteAn interesting place to visit and good that you can buy just enough plant plugs for your garden and greenhouse. It has been lovely weather to sit in and also work in the garden mornings and evenings. Your flowers are lovely, our bright red peony is flowering too, I love it as it reminds me of my childhood home. Have a good week:)
ReplyDeleteWe're not adventurous with our planting designs and tend to rely on plants that flower every year, but we're happy to have some garden areas and the greenhouse. We love our favourite garden plants as they bring back good memories. Perfumed varieties such as sweet peas are a joy to have in the garden. All the best to you for a good weekend.
DeleteIt;s always such a treat when I see your post come up. How fun, visiting the Horticultural Society. That sounds like a great place to get some healthy plants. Your blooms look just lovely.
ReplyDeleteThank you Jeanie for the compliment regarding our garden blooms. I'm sure we'll return soon to the horticultural society's plant stall and shed full of garden equipment. It's close by and another good asset in our neighbourhood for us as keen gardeners.
DeleteYou have a lovely array of blooms!
ReplyDeleteThank you Ellen.
DeleteFrom your photos it looked like a marvelous time. Gorgeous flowers! Thanks so much for sharing them.
ReplyDeleteEven though we're experiencing rain showers today the weather is warm and the rain will be good for the plants growing in flower beds and the vegetable patch. :)
DeleteHorticultural Societies are a great resource. You look to have plenty of beautiful blooms in your garden, the good weather will have suited them, though we've got heavy rain here today. I hope the sunshine returns soon.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad we explored our neighbourhood and found the horticultural society's sale of equipment and plants. It's a great resource that we shall use again. :)
DeleteI always enjoy your garden! The peonies are beautiful!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you got to explore and find the garden sale!x
Thank you Kezxie. I'm sure your garden is looking lovely too. It's a great place to relax after work at school and during weekends isn't it. :)
Delete