A rich tapestry

February 27, 2023

By the River Thames Again

Goring-on-Thames Lock and Weir (Creative Commons)

We were grateful that daughter D drove us around during our stay with her in Reading.  It certainly helped Mr P rest and enjoy the visit.  The weather was dull but dry so the photos I took reflect this.  I suppose we should expect poor light at this time of the year.


We had refreshments at the Swan Hotel in Streatley before walking in the grounds of the hotel.  Below are views of the bridge linking the two villages of Streatley, Berkshire and Goring-on-Thames on the South Oxfordshire side of the river.











The main reason for travelling down to Reading was to see our new great grandson for the first time as well as to be with family and friends.  A theatre visit had been booked and I'll share more another day.  
Meanwhile I wish you a good new week.  It'll be March soon!

11 comments:

  1. Happy new week ahead too!
    The landscapes are beautiful and so is the goose in foreground. 👍

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful it all is even at this Wintery time of year plus a special treat in The Swan, one of the iconic places in the area. So glad you had such a good time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daughter D drove us to some lovely places that she knew we would like to visit again. We used to climb Streatley Hill with our children and have a picnic up there overlooking the river. Happy memories of good times out and about and during our time in Berkshire. :)

      Delete
  3. I’m so glad you got to go and see the new great grandson! And as I read and looked at the pictures if let me back in time because there was about 10 years in my life back when my kids were a little that the only fiction I read was historical fiction and it was all about your part of the country and the river Tim’s. This was like going back in time and seeing what I saw in the books and I love that house boat with a funny looking Seagull in itin it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were some interesting boats moored up by the river bank in the grounds of the hotel. The seagulls are actually Egyptian geese Sandra.

      Delete
  4. I enjoyed the winter photos along the river Thames. Lovely interior at The Swan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was an good drive out. There are stopping places all along the Thames where one can enjoy beautiful river scenes. Thank you Ellen. I'm glad you enjoyed seeing the views and the Swan Hotel.

      Delete
  5. I always enjoy seeing photos with the river and house boats, Linda, and even if the lovely wasn’t cooperative you had a great visit with family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Bill for your memories of the days by the river when you visited The Swan. Somehow the post went missing. Take care and I hope all is well with you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment which is appreciated.
Moderation is on and Spam will be deleted.