I had to take the book I was reading on loan back to the library. I couldn't renew it because it was on hold for other readers, but the walk in the park was still an opportunity for some fresh air and exercise.
The mansion, now council offices and a library hub was built in the Adam style of architecture and opened in 1779 whereas the pavilion for the bowling green club based in the park was completed in 2006.
Sometimes I walk to the lake where there are coots, geese and ducks swimming around and now-and- again gulls that have flown inland away from a stormy coast, but I didn't go right down to the water on this occasion.
Neither did I go in the walled garden that day as it's closed at certain times usually when the gardeners are busy working there. However, there are plants in the formal flower beds to appreciate even in the Winter months ....
.... and the trees sustain different forms of wildlife.
A good surprise was this decorated pebble that had been left on a low stone pillar for another person to enjoy. The lily-of the valley is my birthday flower so I felt I was meant to see it. I photographed it and left it there for someone else to see. Decorating pebbles or stones and leaving them for others to find is a lovely idea.
Thank you once more for coming by. Have a good day!




i am loving the grounds and the trees, prefer the old over the new buildings but both are really nice and well kept. really good find of a stone just for you with your flower. I know you enjoyed that bright sunshine... and being out of the house
ReplyDeleteFinding the decorated pebble during the walk was a lovely surprise. It spoke to me in different ways especially about walking slowly and taking in the small details of the surroundings as well as enjoying the bigger picture of the views across the park.
DeleteNice park to visit and spend some time in
ReplyDeleteWe have some good public parks that are appreciated especially at the moment when we have to stay home and only take walks in our locality.
DeleteThat is a nice bright clear day.I imagine it is crisp and cold but the beautiful gardens and the blue skies makes it so inviting. Lovely to find such a pretty pebble during your walk. I agree such a good idea. keep well Amanda x
ReplyDeleteSince that day when I took the photos of my walk in the park we have had more snow, strong winds and heavy rain. Walks are planned around the few hours of sunshine we get on some days! I hope that all is well with you.
DeleteHow fun to spot that decorated stone. So pretty. Glad you could get out and walk...
ReplyDeleteI enjoy going into the park as part of a regular walking routine. I usually walk near the library, but it's a big park with facilities for everyone.
DeleteSo pretty and thank you for taking us with you. Always good to have a walk and at your place it’s so beautiful to have a park near by. These stone campaigns I have seen on blogs of Germany. It’s such a pretty idea; I wish it would be done her too.
ReplyDeleteWishing you a good day and weekend I am sending greetings over to your place.
Take care and stay healthy
N☼va
Thank you Nova. I hope that you're having a good Saturday.
DeleteThat is such a great place to visit, it always looks neat and tidy and well tended. How lovely to find that decorated stone, such a good idea and very cheering for the one who finds it.
ReplyDeleteThe park is a great asset for local people as there are wooded areas, play areas, sports facilities, the lake and much more. I'm always impressed by how well tended it is. The painted pebble was an uplifting find.
DeleteI'm always envious of your lovely walk to the library, everything looks well tended and you were certainly meant to spot that little stone:)
ReplyDeleteThe decorated stone was a lovely surprise. :)
DeleteI love, love the decorated pebble. Of course it was meant for you to see.
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely walk. One thing I think of when getting library books is whether I can get it read before it is due back. Plus I love having a stack of books waiting for me to read. I really do need to take advantage of the library more.
The library visit is part of a my regular walk. It's good to make contact with the librarians who work there even if it means wearing a mask to go into the entrance hall, talk to them from a distance and place the borrowed books on a shelf for them to be quarantined for a few days before being available to the public. It doesn't matter if I don't read all of a book. It's a good way of sampling it. If I really enjoy one I don't finish I might put it on my wish list to buy or reorder and wait for it to become available again.
DeleteI miss libraries ... they don’t feel safe for us due to Covid. We both read mostly on Kindle anyway and I check out ebooks from the library all the time. (If you don’t return them early they just disappear from your kindle). But I used to love just hanging out in the reading room on a rainy day, looking at magazines and travel books. I hope we will be able to do that again in the not too distant future.
ReplyDeleteWe're not allowed to go into the actual library and browse the shelves. We have to request a selection of 4 or 5 books online, wait for a reply to collect them. Of course we have to wear a mask and stay in the entrance hall with a barrier so that we can't go into the actual library. The librarian, also masked up, has the books ready. The returned books are quarantined for several days. It's a safe system against Covid. I expect reading books on a Kindle is a good idea, but I like the routine of my walk and being in contact with our local librarian.
Delete