We've been enjoying some socially distanced picnic lunches in the garden with family. On one occasion our granddaughter made focaccia.
I've been doing some crocheting and embroidery.
Mr P bottled some of his tomatoes and, of course, we've been eating some fresh in salads.
There are signs of the apple crop in a neighbour's garden. Our pear tree is laden with fruit, but no apples on the apple tree this year.
Rose hips and sunflowers in our local daughter's garden.
a sunset sky
Thank you for coming by. Have a good day!
I have not had that may tomatoes, how many do you grow? I find the big drawback with the summer is the Heat, neither of us can handle it and we tend to hide away somewhere cool. Your garden looks wonderful
ReplyDeleteWe have about 50 plants. Most of them are growing in the covered yard growing on string supports. Others are growing against a wall that gets the most sunshine and others are bush tomatoes growing in the raised beds (vegetable plot). Thank you Bill. I hope you're finding somewhere cool. I believe it's a lot hotter down in the south of England at the moment.
DeleteSummer in your garden looks beautiful and abundant. We have spent a lot of time in our garden since March, it has been our haven and I am truly grateful for it. x
ReplyDeleteThe garden has been a blessing in different ways over the last few months especially when it was not possible to go far from home. I know it's the same for you and for many people. Take care Mrs Tiggywinkle. May you and your family stay well.
DeleteSo much beauty and lovely things in your post. Thank you for stopping by my blog. Yes, I've been to Lebanon many times and do have friends there and my husband has an adopted aunt in Beirut (he's known her since he was 2 years old). What happened is heartbreaking and absolutely horrific. So much destruction, loss and heartache. I hope the Lebanese people get the political change they've been asking (and then protesting) for because it is very much needed.
ReplyDeleteThe people of Lebanon will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. It's a heartbreaking situation. May political change happen and international support be given to aid the suffering ones there. xLinda
DeleteI love your summer photos!! Looks like special summer pleasures and such a blessing to enjoy with family !!! Beautiful sunset sky!! Happy and healthy and delight-full summer days to you and your family♡
ReplyDeleteThank you Shayndel. I appreciate your kind comments. 🌼
DeleteYou have a beautiful garden. How nice to get such a great crop of tomatoes. Glad you can enjoy some company, too.
ReplyDeleteWe're thankful that we are allowed to be with a few members of our family now and can see one another in the open air. The garden has been a good facility for that. :)
DeleteI liked all the pictures
ReplyDeleteThat's good. 🌻
DeleteWonderful, so many exciting Summer things! I love the colours of the flowers all grouped together and the deep red of the tomatoes in the bottles. It looks like it's been a good year. Contrasting with that are your delicate embroidery and crochet squares, so pretty too. How nice to get together with the family again, that's the best thing of all!
ReplyDeleteThe embroidery is now progressing and as the flower motifs are various colours the table cloth is looking like the flowers in our garden. The tomatoes are ripening well during these sunny days. 😊
DeleteLovely photos of your garden, Linda, the flowers are so colourful and pretty too. Lots of lovely tomatoes and bottled ones too to enjoy in the future. I've seen quite a few very large rose hips about on walks and on the rosa rugosa that growns in our holly hedge. I'm glad you are enjoying peaceful summer days in your garden:)
ReplyDeleteThere's a lot to enjoy in the garden. I've been dead heading the roses, but I shall leave some flowers so that I have rose hips to include in Autumn indoor flower decoration arrangements.
DeleteThank you for having me, late to the party as usual. I love the mix of the fuschia and purple petunias in the garden. Where i live, neither will survive past mid-May due to the heat. Such a lovely post from the garden to the baking to the embroidery and all. So glad I visited.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you visited! :)
DeleteYour garden paints a beautiful picture/a rich tapestry!How wonderful that you enjoyed a picnic with your family again. I love all your craftwork...I must give it a go one fine day. Along with Mr P's wine, I'd love to sample his tomato sauce, any chance of sharing the recipe? I watched a programme recently showing how tomato paste was made in Italy, fascinating it was.xxx
ReplyDeleteYou've reminded me of my Italian self sufficient relatives making tomato paste and the ritual of bottling their large crop of tomatoes for the store cupboard. Our tomato growing and bottling some is not on the grand scale, but still a satisfying way of life for Mr P. I'll take some photos of the process next time he bottles them. Mostly we eat them fresh or cook tomato sauce for pasta dishes.
DeleteLovely stuff Linda! It’s pretty special to have a granddaughter who shares such elegant home made food ...yum.
ReplyDeleteOur granddaughter is keen on cooking especially Italian food. :)
DeleteMmmm! homemade tomatoe sauce...Italian style..nothing better! I make my own tomato sauce (a Spanish recipe) but I don't think it will compare with yours or your Italian relatives. I don't use home grown tomatoes but at least it isn't that awful artificial rubbish they sell in the supermarkets! I have just had my grand-daughter here for a week and she made bread for us! You are so lucky to have such a beautiful garden and especially so during the lockdown. I try and count my blessings and remind myself I had a balcony to go out on whereas my daughter has no balcony. It was particularly hard for her. Here in Spain we were not allowed out for exercise at all during those first two months only essential visits to buy food,visit hospital or walk the dog(if you had one). Amanda x
ReplyDeleteIt must have been hard going during those first weeks of lockdown if you weren't allowed out except for essentials. I don't know what we would do without our small garden and interest in gardening. How nice to have your granddaughter staying with you.
DeleteHow relaxing to enjoy hot summer days in your own garden! :)
ReplyDeleteIt has been very hot and humid lately. Thankfully a breeze and some time in the garden during cooler hours has been pleasant.
DeleteThe tomatoes look oh so good. We still don't have any ripe tomatoes, but soon. Our plum tree only has about 10 plums on it this year, so I am sad about that. The focaccia looks delicious. What a beautiful embroidery.
ReplyDelete