Tulip time in the garden and time to bring out the solar powered garden water feature during this week of sunshine.
The ''black' parrot tulip bulbs planted in the Autumn are beginning to open their flower heads. Of course, they're not true black, but dark purple.
A box of delights arrived - an Easter gift from son and family.
Another peace lily has flowered. It was one of the baby plants from an original that got re-potted last year brought to us by our Berkshire daughter.
Daughter D and I regularly exchange photos of what is growing in our gardens, by email. Below are the white hyacinths and varieties of tulip blooming in pots in her garden.
This week Daughter D crocheted a mauve shawl with daisy pattern for a Berkshire group. (The pile of blankets is a photo taken from their Facebook page). There was a call out from them (Wokingham in Need, who in different ways support the homeless and anyone in need) for those who can knit, crochet or sew to make items, especially blankets and shawls. These items are given to those receiving care in a hospital or a hospice or other setting.
The fig tree is not in leaf, but there is plenty of other greenery in the garden.
Thank you for your visit. I hope you have a peaceful and safe weekend.
Joining Riitta's Friday Bliss # 84 linkup
P.S. I've noticed that some photos on this blog post uploaded and then were lost overnight so I've had to re-do them. I'm not sure why this is happening. Older blog posts have the same issue. It's another Blogger technical fault to solve.





You are surrounded by beauty...how nice flowers.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your weekend!
Thank you Luisella.
DeleteHow beautiful Linda. The Tulips are exquisite and a real splash of colour.
ReplyDeleteThat's a gorgeous shawl your daughter crocheted... I can imagine how much its new owner will cherish it as it keeps them warm.
Your fig tree is a nice size... I wish ours would grow ;D)
All the best, have a lovely weekend xx
The fig tree gives us shade when the leaves are out and we get a good crop of fruit from it :)
DeleteBeautiful your posting with all the flowers from your garden and apartment. great what her daughter knitted to help the homeless kudos to her.
ReplyDeleteAll the best and take care of yourself!
Greetings Elke
Thank you Elke.
DeleteSuch beauty it all made me smile. Love the wonderful array of colour of the tulips.
ReplyDeleteTulips are a favourite and make me smile too. :)
DeleteYour garden certainly looks lovely Linda! Wishing you a sunny & pleasant weekend.
ReplyDeleteThank you Riitta. Also thank you for organising the Friday Bliss linkup.
Deleteyour garden is really beautiful and looks so HAPPY... glad to see you have sunshine. the shawl is beautiful and such a great thing to do... hope you are doing well in our new normal.. we are well, just a tad bored
ReplyDeleteI'm glad that you and Bob are well. I hope your wild flower seeds are beginning to germinate. I shall be over for a virtual visit soon.
DeleteThe garden is looking lovely.
ReplyDeleteI had a peace lily and a couple of years ago moved it to the greenhouse where it promptly died. Or so I thought. When I eventually got around to throwing out the pot I noticed that part of the rhizome still looked OK. I re-potted it and waited. 18 months later, still in the greenhouse, it has just this week produced a new shoot!
Take care, both of you.
Regarding the peace lily, I like it Jessica! Thank you, take care yourselves.
DeleteSo nice for the connections with family. Your garden is wonderful!
ReplyDeleteThank you Ellen. We enjoy gardening in our family. We're always exchanging gardening notes :)
DeleteI love all your tulips, what a range of colours. I'll have to have a look at Wokingham in need. I usually take my woolly efforts to John Lewis for distribution to the hospital.
ReplyDeleteI love tulips and it's such a pleasure when they bloom in the garden. Wokingham in Need must be a good support group. Daughter D tells me that her shawl will go to someone at the Royal Berkshire Hospital which is pleasing. John Lewis distribution sounds good too.
DeleteLovely photos of your garden, we had some black parrot tulips in a pot but they haven't appeard this year. I too seem to be having problems with photos on my last post I'll try and reload them like you did, thanks for the tip. Have a good weekend:)
ReplyDeleteI try to buy a few new varieties of bulb in the Autumn to plant in pots. The tulips are the last spring bulbs to flower and soon we shall look forward to the peonies. With the extra slow pace of life at the moment we appreciate the benefits of a small garden. I hope the photo isssue on Blogger gets resolved. I've noticed that other bloggers' photos show as blank spaces with a negative sign in a circle. Thank you, Rosie I hope you both have a good weekend also.
DeleteLove all the beautiful and colourful tulips in your garden. Happy weekend.
ReplyDeleteThank you Nancy.
DeleteSuch wonderful photos, Linda! Few flowers say spring quite the way tulips do.
ReplyDeleteActually, it looks almost like summer in your garden. :)
The beautiful shawl and the blankets will surely help and delight many people.
No flowers here yet, the soil is still frozen. :)
Have a blessed Sunday and stay safe!
Thank you Sara. We make the most of the sunny weather although it can still be changeable and it's colder again. We've had some rain showers and funnily enough the garden birds were suddenly very active. It's good to be able to contribute to the supply of knitted and crocheted comfort blankets and shawls. Wishing you a good Sunday and week ahead.
DeleteBeautiful tulips and all your garden!! That is so sweet and special that you and your daughter D send each other garden photos!! Have a blessed week!♡
ReplyDeleteThank you Shayndel for coming by and for your kind comments.
DeleteYou have such lovely tulips! I especially like the 'black' one. I have a few daffodils out but I haven't ever done tulips. I need to. Do you take the pots inside somewhere during the winter months? I posted about finally seeing my son and family from a distance. It was so good to see them in person and not through a phone screen!
ReplyDeleteThe 'black' tulip is pretty especially now the flowers are open. The flower has frilly edges. We do take pots of plants inside over the colder months. We lift some bulbs and keep them in a dry place in the garage. Others are left in the flower beds as it's difficult to remember where they are and they still come up every year. I also buy a few new bulbs each Autumn to replenish old stock. So glad that you saw your son and family. I'll be over to see your post.
DeleteLove the tulips and am so happy to see them “in person” this year for the first in a long time. The “black” ones are so interesting...I have not seen them in real life.... What a nice thing for your daughter to use her skills for.
ReplyDeleteYou must be happy to be home in time to see the Spring flowers. Enjoy!
DeleteWow! I hadn't noticed lost photos. Your garden and your daughters garden flowers are so beautiful. I love seeing them all. Aren't the tulips wonderful right now? How lovely to donate the crochet blankets and shawls. My church makes small comfort quilts for people in need.
ReplyDeleteThankfully only a few photos were missing and I could redo them. Spring flowers and sunshine are a joyful combination.
Delete