A rich tapestry

March 05, 2020

Another walk in the park

Today I took my usual short walk around the park to get some exercise and I was amazed to see so many flowers in bloom or in bud that are usually out later in the season such as rhododendrons and magnolias.  The different varieties of Spring flower are still doing well despite the recent wet weather.  This week has been much drier, but the cold wind makes walking a chilly experience and I'm grateful for hat, scarf and gloves.














In the walled garden in the park there are always plants on sale for a small sum grown in the greenhouses by the park staff and volunteers and I bought a primula to add to my collection in our garden.  



                                                            Joining FRIDAY BLISS # 78

33 comments:

  1. Beautiful flowery post...it was an enjoyable stay in the park, for sure.
    Thanks for sharing all the beauty.
    All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been a much better week weather wise. Still cold but at least that biting wind has finally dropped, though I don't know for how long. It's nice to see so much colour about, spring can't be far away now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thankful for the better weather and opportunities to get out for a walk. Much better for dog walking of your Archie without the wind and rain :)

      Delete
  3. All your photos are very uplifting, absolutely gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such pretty photos. It must be a worry for you and your family with this virus causing so much havoc everywhere, let's hope it's soon on it's way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's uplifting to see some sunshine and photos look so much better when the light is good :) The virus is causing so many problems, socially, economically and healthwise. We're being sensible about where we go as Mr P is still not 100 per cent well. If we go out we're trying to go to places where there are not crowds and the open countryside is ideal.

      Delete
  5. Wonderful photos. How nice that they sell plants in the park. I could spend a lot of time there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's always something new to see in the park and walled garden. It's well maintained and there are a lot of new plants and shrubs added each year. There's also a locked and fixed metal honesty box for the plant stand, which is useful when volunteer gardeners are not there.

      Delete
  6. Lovely photos of your walk in the park, flowers and buds do seem earlier this year. The last two days have been dry here and gardening is being done at last! It has felt like early Spring even though still quite cold. I do hope your family in Italy stay well you must be glad that they live a way from the virus hot spots. Have a lovely weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's certainly a contrast when it comes to flowers appearing earlier than usual which is fascinating. Our magnolia tree is in tight bud whilst the ones down in the valley are beginning to open. Yes, we are thankful that our husband's family are able to be self sufficient and more isolated although there are virus cases in the provincial city. There are travel restrictions on the Italian Swiss border for our nephew who has a property in the Swiss mountains and works over in Italy. It's quite complicated now that the virus has created travel problems. Thank you stay well too and I hope you're feeling a little better with your eye and face discomfort.

      Delete
  7. I am glad you are not in Italy right now. I wondered about the virus and where you were at this time. the gardens are lovely as always, and glad you had a visit with your granddaughter. prayers for your friends and family that are in Italy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandra for your prayers. I'm sure we'll get to Italy later in the year. The main thing is for Mr P to get stronger and more mobile. The time is not right to attempt to travel at the moment.

      Delete
  8. How lovely to see all these flowers blooming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's uplifting to see Springtime flowers :)

      Delete
  9. Ooh, I loved to see all the flowers! I was SO happy to go into my garden (for the first time in what feels like ages and look at what is growing aside from just emptying the compost caddy!
    I hope your family in Italy are ok.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that you've been able to get out into the garden. I know you appreciate your garden especially after a busy day/week at school it's good to get out there and see what's happening with the plants. Thank you for your kind thoughts re our Italian family.

      Delete
  10. Beautiful flowers to see when you go for your walks. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So lovely to see so many blooming flowers -- thanks for sharing them! I hope your family will continue to be well, in England and in Italy. Best, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  12. So beautiful! Thank you for taking us on the walk with you, to see spring coming alive with blossoms and flowers!!
    Glad your family are well in Italy and I hope the time come soon that you can travel there. Blessings and Peace be with you!!♡

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a pleasure to see so much colour and growth. We have had a very long period of cold and wet this year. Spring at last!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to see signs of Spring. I'm sure the wet weather has been worse down in your region in the SW. Thank you for coming by Rosemary. It's good to reconnect with you in Blogland :)

      Delete
  14. Hello Linda, What a blessing to have such a lovely place to take a walk. The spring flowers are all so lovely. It's good to hear that you and your family both at home and in Italy are keeping safe and well in these unusual and concerning times. May that remain so. It's good to remember that God still is keeping us in the palm of his hand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gloria for coming by and for your thoughts and prayers.

      Delete
  15. Beautiful spring in your photos <3 Take care and stay healthy. I had booked a trip to Rome in April, but had to cancel. Another time then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Riitta. The situation in Italy because of the spread of the corona virus is heart breaking. I hope and pray for our elderly relatives and must phone again to see how they are coping as the situation changes daily now. We need to go to Italy, but we have been protected in a way by Mr. P's surgery and recovery and are used to being at home a lot, but sorry for those who have to go to work and/or study. For how long for them if the restrictions to contain the virus continue? Our daughters work in hospital and school. Our son can work from home if necessary. I'm glad that you were able to cancel your trip to Rome. Take care and I hope you and your family stay well.

      Delete
  16. Rhododendrons blooming in March? That is early. Ooh, all those beautiful flowers! The park looks like a wonderful place.
    I'm so sorry for Italy. With all the problems there are, this virus really wasn't needed. We live in the countryside but there are going to be long, arduous months, if the peak of infections will come in May-June, as predicted and even hoped.
    Stay safe and healthy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We listen daily to the news as the situation about how we should act sensibly in light of the virus situation is changing. We have to have a balance in attitude and we prepare for the worst scenario whilst hoping and praying for the best outcome. Thank you stay, safe yourself. The flowers cheer us up and even if some are out earlier than usual they're good to see and an uplifting sight to concentrate upon.

      Delete

Thank you for your comment which is appreciated.
Moderation is on and Spam will be deleted.