Some of the flowers in our garden are drooping in the wind and heavy showers, but they still look
beautiful as the colours fade and the petals drop.
We chose two new plants (gifts from our daughters to mark our wedding anniversary) which we bought during our day out last week. The clematis is called 'Parisienne' and the rose is 'Arthur Bell'.
My husband chose the rose for its strong fragrance and I love the way the petals change from a golden colour to cream as I do prefer pale coloured roses.
I'm always inspired by other gardens and the ones in Ashford-in-the-Water were very pretty especially at this time of the year. This one with the cat motif on the gate and winding path was intriguing. The house was next to the river, the old parish pump and the packhorse bridge and I expect it attracts many photographers!

.jpg)