A rich tapestry

October 28, 2024

November is Almost Here!

Views from our top storey window


We've been staying indoors in the warm house lately due to us both having a cough that has lingered after our 'flu vaccination, but we're a lot better now.  The car has been useful for doing some shopping when we've felt up to it.  Mainly we've been looking out of the window at the views from the back windows of our home as the trees begin to turn autumnal.  One chore that needs to be done soon is to pick up the fig tree leaves that are lying on the ground.
 

 

Did you see the super moon the other night?  It's also called the harvest moon.

We've been harvesting, bottling and cooking the last of our tomatoes that we grow in the covered yard.  It gets quite warm there and Mr P likes to sit and have his lunch under cover.


Some flowers still blooming in our garden

We've also planted bulbs ready for the Springtime. What have you been doing lately?  I look forward to hearing your news.  

 


Have a good week!

 
                                                                                                                                                                               


14 comments:

  1. Nice to hear that you are both better now.
    The season is turning here in Finland too and almost all trees are leafless. I am following a new course: chorus singing. Quite funny.
    All the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Group singing sounds like a lot of fun. All the best to you too Luisella.

      Delete
  2. Lovely to see your pretty Autumn garden and all those delicious tomatoes. It's such a pleasure to look out at the plants and before long the Spring bulbs, from a warm and cosy house when you are under the weather. We went to Wisley Gardens recently, a blogpost with photos is on the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have fond memories of going to Wisley with my Mum and look forward to your blog post and tour of the gardens there.

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful harvest of tomatoes you had this year. It must be the covered yard the does the trick. I'm hoping for a better crop next year.
    What wonderful views you have from your window.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The covered yard is a useful addition next to the garage. It also helps with security and is a shelter in the colder months. The tomatoes do well in this area. I hope you get a better crop yourself next year.

      Delete
  4. for 4 weeks we have done nothing but clean up after two hurricanes. your post makes me happy. I love the view from your window and wow on the veggies and flowers. I forgot you are now having cold weather, we are cool at night and still really hot in daytime. but much better than the past few months of killer heat. we have not had a single drop of rain since the storm on Oct 9, and everything is baking in the HOT sun.. its good because the workers can work 10 hour days of sunshine to clean up the mess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have had mild weather which has been pleasant this time of the year. I hope things improve for you after the devastation caused by the hurricanes Sandra.

      Delete
  5. What a beautiful harvest of tomatoes. Sorry you have been under the weather. Hope you both are tip top, soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, November is almost here and the holidays won't be far behind! What a lovely view to wake up to every morning. I have a large bag of daffodil bulbs I need to get into the ground very soon before the frost comes and the ground gets hard. Your garden still looks lovely even with leaves that need to be raked. Take care of yourselves Linda. I am glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'll enjoy the holiday season. I think you have Thanksgiving. Here in the UK we have Bonfire Night which we enjoyed when the grandchildren were young, but not so much these days because the fireworks can be noisy and a hazard. I prefer light shows. Soon it'll be Christmas!

      Delete
  7. October seems to have gone by so quickly and yes, November in a couple of days time. We need to bring some plants in from the garden before it gets colder, at the moment it's mostly raking and sweeping leaves. Lovely photos of your garden and those tomatoes remind me of warmer days in summer:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rosie for your visit to my blog. Re tomatoes it's helpful that Mr P bottles them and puts them in the store cupboard for future use. :) We were given a spare machine that chews up the fig tree leaves. Mr P puts them in a big box that holds compost. :) I hope you're keeping well and warm dear blog friend. Your walks are always of interest so thank you for keeping in touch as a fellow blogger. :)

      Delete

Thank you for your comment which is appreciated.
Moderation is on and Spam will be deleted.