A rich tapestry

August 23, 2024

I'm Back Blogging




Hello dear friends,  I took a break from blogging over the Summer mainly because I've been busy in the house and garden.  Mr P had several eye surgery operations.  Also, we've been without a car so have been reliant on lifts from family.  Hopefully we'll get a car when Mr P is able to drive again.  The eye surgery was successful and he has good vision now.

Our daughter who lives in Berkshire drove up to stay with us for a week and brought her pet cat, Jasper, with her.  He's used to coming and he's good company.

It was Mr P's birthday on Sunday and we gathered for a birthday celebration at Daughter M's home. She and her partner cooked.  Beforehand we sat out in the large garden where our local family joined us.

I've no photos to share with you.  I hope you're all keeping well.  I'll speak again soon.  Have a good day!

20 comments:

  1. Welcome back, I'm glad the eye op went well, it is something I think I will need at sometime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bill. I hope all goes well when you have your eye op. For Mr P it's been a long process but he has good vision now.

      Delete
  2. I am happy to see you pop up in my feed... its good to hear from you. sounds like a fun birthday and visit with family. no photos needed, just hearing what is going on is great... glad the eye surgery went well. prayers for you and your hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated birthday to your husband and happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Happy weekend to you too Luisella!

      Delete
  4. It's good to see you back again Linda, I was wondering if all was ok but It's good to hear you've been busy and Mr P is well and enjoying the celebrations. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you CK. We're doing ok. I also hope you enjoy your weekend.

      Delete
  5. Welcome back to blogging. Summers can get busy for sure. Happy belated birthday to your husband!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ellen. I'll pass on your message to Mr P.

      Delete
  6. I have been about to write and check in on your more than a couple of times. I'm glad your blog break has been for good reasons. Your celebrations sound wonderful -- -extend my congratulations as well. And I love that you are spending time with your kids. Here's hoping the eye recovery for Mr. P continues well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jeanie. Mr P is doing well with his health issues including the eye surgery. We hope to be out and about again in the near future. Sometimes it's good to have a blog break. I've missed you all. All the best to you and yours.

      Delete
  7. Good to see you back. It's always good to have family time. Hope Mr P is back to his normal self before too long.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am very happy to see you posting again, and happy that Mr. P's surgery went well. I wish him a speedy recovery and also A Belated Happy Birthday. Always lovely to know you spent time with your family too, and that your daughter and Jasper spent the week with you. She must have been a great source of support for you both, and I always think a furry family member is good medicine even for a little while. We don't have one anymore but have such good memories of our deal little pup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Denise. I'm happy to be back blogging. I miss our chats and appreciate your kind comments. All the best to you and Gregg.

      Delete
  9. Welcome back, Linda, it was wonderful to find this updated post with lots of good news, especially the successful surgery for Mr. P. Taking time off from blogging to enjoy some rest and relaxation, gardening and family visits is a good thing. Belated 🎂🎉 wishes to Mr. P and the get together sounds like it was wonderful, even without photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear friend. I'll pass on your message to Mr P. All the best to you both. I'll get back into normal blogging very soon. :)

      Delete
  10. It is good to see you back, Linda and I'm glad that your husband's eye operations were successful. Belated Happy Birthday wishes to him.
    Sending September wishes to you x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Beverley and Daughter for your kind comments and good wishes. Happy September to you both!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment which is appreciated.
Moderation is on and Spam will be deleted.