Each day this week we've had a range of different types of weather; from dry, but cloudy skies to wet and windy. Autumn is transitioning into Winter. The good news is that Mr P's chest x-ray result was clear and we're able to get out-and-about again as he's feeling much better. We were advised to continue with the covid vaccination Winter booster when Mr P went to see the general practitioner doctor. The appointment is tomorrow and thankfully at our local general practice clinic. Mr P also has a physio consultation at the hospital next week so in between we'll be resting as much as possible.
On Wednesday looking out of the back living room picture window I caught sight of a tree surgeon who was obviously pruning some of the branches of the huge cherry tree in our neighbour's garden. He had all the necessary safety equipment and was using a rope and pulley system to swing from branch to branch. It was just as well he did some of the work on that day as the following day we had heavy rain storms at night and during the day.
There are berries in abundance everywhere. The robin and other birds are still finding shelter and food in the next-door-neighbour's hawthorn tree.
We were sent photos of a firework event at Kenilworth Castle which was held on the 5th November (Bonfire Night).
Needless to say our heavy curtains are drawn every evening now to keep us warm and we could hear the bangs from local firework displays. We think of the animals who get frightened because of sensitive hearing. I'm sure the family in Kenilworth enjoyed the spectacular firework display at this historical venue on that evening. It's fun for families to watch such an event so long as it's well organised and safe for spectators.
As for us, I'm thankful for Mr P's improved health and the shelter of a warm and cosy house when the weather isn't so good.
Thank you for your visit. Have a good day and a peaceful weekend.
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
so happy to hear the xrays were clear and he can get out and about again. the fireworks are awesome. sorry the heavy curtains are now needed but thankful like you are that you have a warm house and curtains to close
ReplyDeleteI am glad to hear that your husband is pretty well. I believe that the migratory birds will be fine at yours, because in Finland there was lack of berries this autumn.
ReplyDeleteGood to hear you got out an about again. It's been wet around here as well so it tends to curtail what I would like to do in our garden and what I am making in the shed. We did go over to Newbury the other day and found it quite busy with shoppers.
ReplyDeleteWe kept our dog in when the fireworks go and turn the TV up but he still barks like mad when a loud one goes off
Happy to read Mr. P is better.
ReplyDeleteThat's excellent news which I'm really pleased to hear. Having just visited Kenilworth this year, I can imagine a fantastic fireworks display there. We didn't have any fireworks around us this year, usually we hear a few the week before and the week after, but nothing. There used to be 2 organised displays every year but they have stopped too, too expensive I suppose.
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely post, Linda. I'm so glad to hear your husband's XR was clear and good to go! It's nice seeing flowers and trees still, instead of snow! And those fireworks look pretty spectacular! Happy weekend!
ReplyDeleteI am glad that Mr P is ok in terms of the xray! That tree surgeon is making me feel giddy!! The fireworks look lovely! We went up to Hexham in Northumberland for the fireworks!x
ReplyDeleteI've found out why I couldn't comment, I had to unblock 3rd party cookies! Hopefully this will work! So glad Mr P well now. Stunning photos. Snowbird.xxx
ReplyDeleteGlad you can comment now Dina. Thank you. Love Linda xx
DeleteGreat news that your husband's chest X ray was clear.
ReplyDeleteThe fireworks at Kenilworth look spectacular but it is not such a good time for pets or any other animals with all the bright lights and loud bangs going on.
Still good to see some colour in the garden.
I am also happy to hear Mr. P is doing better. Tree surgeon's are amazing at climbing large trees and swinging around to do their job.
ReplyDeleteThe flowers in the walled garden were lovely. I especially would have enjoyed the chrysanthemums. What a lovely walk. Yes, now is getting to be the time to be cozy indoors. Oh the fireworks would have been fun to see too. I don't ever go to fireworks shows here because there are just too many people. I miss it.
This was indeed a good news post about Mr P. The flowers were lovely and tree surgeons are as skillful as their medical counterparts it seems. Fireworks can be lovely, but also stressful to some people and pets.
ReplyDeleteHello Linda, I am surprised to see so many flowers still in bloom so late in the season. They were very pretty though. Such good news to know that Mr. P is doing well, a huge weight off your mind I am sure. Yes autumn is definitely coming to a close and winter is just around the corner. Tomorrow is our Thanksgiving Day celebration and it is amazing to think that Advent starts next week! All blessings to you both. May your home be a warm and cozy refuge against the storms.
ReplyDelete