The sun continues to shine so that means we've been either sitting out enjoying the warm weather or planting out those young plants that Mr P has been nurturing in the covered yard. In between we've been watching some of the programmes being televised for Queen Elizabeth II's Platinum Jubilee celebrations. As well as the Royal events in London community parties are taking place up and down the land. The lighting of special beacons at dusk yesterday evening was initiated by the Queen herself. We're thankful that events are going smoothly and we rejoice in all that the Queen has meant to us over a long reign that continues to be carried out with dignity and grace. I remember well the announcement on the wireless of King George VI's death, the Queen's Coronation and the school events that took place to mark that occasion so there's a sense of history in being a witness to this special Platinum Jubilee weekend.
Daughter D sent me photos of a tea party she went to in Berkshire as a guest of a good friend. Here's a flavour of the event.



I just love the Queen and am so into the Jubilee. I got out my Jubilee dishes and coronation commemorative cups and had a small tea with a friend yesterday. We talked the royals and watched more coverage. I've been watching documentaries too. And we looked through much of my royal library at photos. I would SO love to be in England right now. I'd buy every newspaper! I'm so excited,, reading your post. (Wasn't the fly-by fun?!)
ReplyDeleteHello Linda! What a glorious moment of celebration for your country! I have been watching some of the events that have been broadcast on our local news. Seeing her smiling from the palace balcony with her children and grandchildren was a beautiful and emotional moment. Your lovely queen is honored and respected the world over and we wish her well.
ReplyDeleteThank you Gloria for coming by. It certainly was a momentous occasion.
DeleteYou surely enjoyed the event. Quite a record number of years leading the country, for the Queen.
ReplyDeleteA very special occasion indeed with more events happening over the weekend. It's good that all the preparations are going well to celebrate Queen Elizabeth II's long reign.
DeleteI've thoroughly enjoyed all the Jubilee events on the television so far, it's been a wonderful occasion and such an amazing achievement by the Queen. She's being very sensible watching some of the celebrations from Windsor in the warm, I'm sure everyone fully understands that.
ReplyDeleteSo glad that everything is going well and Her Majesty is being supported by well wishers near and far during this wonderful occasion. The way the Queen has been included in the events while needing to rest at times has been good. Lighting up the special structure "Plant a Tree for the Jubilee" was very creative. I'm looking forward to seeing more of the events over the weekend.
DeleteYour Queen looks amazing at 96 years old and I have seen a lot of the celebration on our news channels here. the celebration is world wide. I saw them on the balcony all smiling and looking up but did not know they were looking at planes. your patio looks fantastic. would love to sit in the sun and enjoy the plants.
ReplyDeleteWe've had good weather so beinqg outside has been a pleasure. There's been a tradition for the Royal family to gather on the balcony of Buckingham Palace and there's usually a flyover of R.A.F planes. The Queen also likes to be in her home at Windsor Castle (which is in my home county).
DeleteWe had some coverage of the events the first two days and I recorded those and have been going through slowly. So wonderful to see all the celebrations and joy. The Queen has served you all well and is someone to be admired for her faith and steadfastness. God bless the Queen. It's going to be a sad day when her era ends.
ReplyDeleteThe Queen's devotion to duty has been an inspiration. I'm sure her Christian faith has been a strength especially during times of difficulty. Mr P and I remember the special Maundy Thursday, Easter service at Sheffield Cathedral when the Queen came and we were invited to attend. Yes, God bless the Queen.
DeleteYour covered area is super. I would be out there all the time. You can see all the love and nurturing that has gone into your garden. I have been watching Her Majesty’s Platinum Jubilee over the weekend. It is a wonderful celebration! A delightful post Linda, thank you!
ReplyDeleteThank you Denise . I'm glad you've been watching the Queen's Platinum Jubilee celebrations and have been enjoying this very special occasion.
DeleteI love your queen (as you could probably tell from my post last week!) and have watched whatever I can that is covered here.I'll be posting the tea my friend Carol and I had sometime later this week to celebrate her. I loved seeing the photos from the street parties and how people decorated. I'm so glad it all went so well.
ReplyDeleteI loved seeing you last post and look forward to seeing the one of the tea party with your friend Carol.
DeleteThe Queen certainly deserves all the accolades and good wishes on her long reign. I too have watched some of the events online and everyone interviewed in the crowds had such lovely things to say. Also, it was nice to see so many people celebrating peacefully compared to what has been going on here in the U.S. recently. And, yes, your outdoor seating area does look inviting.
ReplyDeleteThe Queen's Platinum Jubilee celebrations have been uplifting. We're so glad that it has been an inclusive and meaningful event which has been broadcast around the world.
DeleteI loved watching the celebration from here too. What fun to see the video of the Queen with Paddington having tea. You know, it just made me smile.
ReplyDeleteThe Paddington Bear scene was a lot of fun and demonstrated beautifully the Queen's sense of humour. I'm glad Marilyn you were able to watch the celebrations. The special events lifted our spirits in so many ways.
DeleteSeventy years of service to country and its people – that is quite something to celebrate. She has witnessed so much in her long life.
ReplyDeleteI also remember watching her becoming queen way back – my father had taken me to the movies and at that time they had small news segments before the film – I even remember listening to her wedding in 1947 on the radio, with my mum (I was 7 then.) She is respected all over the planet, and deserves it too. I saw the figure 70 from the airplanes fly over, and tried to watch as much of the Jubilee as was broadcast here. What an outstanding person. It is easy to understand why she is loved by so many.
Thank you Vagabonde for your recollections of listening to a broadcast on the wireless of the Queen's wedding to Prince Phillip. They were so much in love and supported her so well over their long time together. I have old newspapers giving details of these special events that belonged to my mother. I study history as an interest and glad to be alive for such a momentous event.
Delete