A rich tapestry

March 18, 2022

A morning walk

This morning I went for a walk over to another one of the open green spaces in our neighbourhood as it's a while since I went that way.  There are many good places around the area where I can take a walk despite the fact that if I wander down hill I have to walk up another to get back home. Only a few words today.






 The sun dial (below) was restored a few years ago.








camellias



more blossom




the fallen willow tree



 Daffodils growing on a mossy bank.


A community notice board - a notice says there will be a concert
 for Ukraine at the Methodist Church this month.



Thank you for your visit and I hope you have a good weekend.


22 comments:

  1. Lovely photos from your walk, isn't it lovely to see blue sky :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maggie. Clear blue skies today - really uplifting. Thank you for coming by and leaving a comment. Have a good weekend.

      Delete
  2. Lovely. Here we are still far behind.
    The sun dial is very pretty.
    Happy weekend to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Luisella. Have a good weekend.

      Delete
  3. i do love the sunflowers on the cross. and you know how much I like your stone buildings and fencing.. looks like a lot of sunshine too, what could be better

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the stone cottages and solid old walls too. I'm thankful for the sunshine, blue skies, the blossom, Spring flowers and the ability to be able to go for a walk today.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for taking us with you, just love the walk and to see all these impressions of your neighbourhood.

    Wishing you a beautiful weekende I am sending greetings over to your place

    Nova

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed the walk Nova. Have a lovely weekend.

      Delete
  5. What a beautiful walk in the sunshine, it's such a treat to have all this good weather. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to get out for regular walks and the sunshine is a real bonus. Thank you and I trust that you're having a good weekend too.

      Delete
  6. I would want to walk there every day -- what beautiful countryside. The house with the pink door reminds me of the place we stayed in Midford, near Bath (the door there was blue!). I loved that more than I can say. Your spring is far ahead of ours but we're working hard to catch up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One thing is certain. Springtime will arrive eventually in your area. :) I like the fact that we have distinct seasons, changes in weather patterns and different flowers growing. It's a joy when Spring arrives and the blossom appears.

      Delete
  7. Your springtime looks to be about the same as our springtime. So beautiful and green with the touches of daffodils and blossoms. I do love the unfolding of springtime as we approach April. Thank you for sharing the beauty around you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to know that you are enjoying Springtime too. We're very blessed.

      Delete
  8. The daffodils are my absolute favorite as I have said so many times everybody is probably bored hearing it. But all your flowering trees are wonderful too. Happy for you that Spring has sprung!! Wonderful that the sundial was restored -- what a lovely historical touch to your walk. (And it really IS too bad that downhill walks have to turn around and be uphill when you want to go home isn't it? I feel your pain. )) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so grateful that I can go for a walk and still find new places to explore around our neighbourhood. Learning about the history of a place or building is interesting and the house with the pink door and sundial has been beautifully restored.

      Delete
  9. What pretty blooms you came across. Great reminder to pray for Ukraine. Happy Spring to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ellen. We're thankful for our quiet lifestyle and we're grateful as we remember those in dire circumstances at this time.

      Delete
  10. That is what I call a delightful walk. Such heavenly views, just loved seeing all that blossom and spring growth. Let's hope the blue skies continue.xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We making the most of the fine weather. There's much to do in the garden and I'm sure you're busy in your garden too especially tending to your veggies.

      Delete
  11. Hello Linda, It looks like you are having a lovely spring. With all the sadness and suffering in the world right now it's such a blessing to see God's hand a work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So very true Gloria. Thank you for coming by dear friend.

      Delete

Thank you for your comment which is appreciated.
Moderation is on and Spam will be deleted.