A rich tapestry

February 18, 2022

Our week


Despite the stormy weather we've been out and about this week with some opportunities for me to do some short walks.  We've been thankful to have the car running smoothly as we've decided to start doing our own shopping and get out more when the weather is suitable.


I've also done some of the cooking of our evening meal and tried a new recipe of chicken and vegetable noodle soup. A cake was made last weekend for when our daughter came to visit and it's served well with some extra topping for Valentine's Day and for the rest of the week. :)


Yesterday I noticed that the daffodils in the garden are in bud.  Many are in a sheltered spot by the wall so they're behind with flowering compared with other sites in the neighbourhood.


daffodils by the churchyard wall

After doing the food shopping yesterday Mr P drove me up to the parish church as I was sure that the snowdrops would be out in the churchyard.




It was uplifting to see the cross of snowdrops in the grass had flowered once again this season and I had caught the snowdrops at their best. 



In a few weeks time the snowdrops will be replaced by the daffodils that were planted some years ago.


The rhododendron tree is flowering again too.  In the distance you can see the vicarage.



 New lamps have been installed along the path leading to the church door.
The style is in keeping with the Victorian age of the church.


There was evidence of the strong winds that we've been experiencing lately, but thankfully so far there doesn't seem to be reports of any damage here in the immediate neighbourhood.



Thank you once more for your visit to my blog.  Take care and I wish you a peaceful weekend.

25 comments:

  1. Hello, fun to see how nature is alive in your part of the world. Here we are still in the heart of winter.
    Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy for you that the signs of spring are popping up all over. You already know I love the old stone church. I think it is a good decision to shop and get out more. I told bob what you said about going out was getting hard to do since 2 years of basically us all being shut ins. we are going to make an effort to at least once a week go somewhere

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're pleased to see the flowers appearing. I hope you and Bob manage to get out and about for a change of scene.

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you've managed to get out for a few walks this week, I'm hunkering down today, the storm has just hit here and is getting gradually worse. We've already got a couple of fencing panels which are damaged from storms earlier in the week so I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that there's no further casualties. The churchyard looks lovely carpeted in snowdrops, I seem to have seen lots about this year but not a single daffodil yet, well, not flowering anyway. Stay safe in this awful weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jo. I hope you get your fences fixed when the storms have died down. Thankfully we are sheltered by the stone walls and hedges. Yes, it's still early for daffodils to flower up here in the north unless in a sunny spot, but we look forward to these bright flowers in a week or two. Take care, stay safe all of you in your family

      Delete
  4. I have one or two daffodils out though lots coming through. Plenty of snowdrops along with a few Crocus. I love the fact you have daffodils and those snowdrops in the churchyard are beautiful. IT was very stormy here today with lots of trees in Berkshire falling in the wind. Next door had a huge branch come down in the wind so I'll be helping him clear it next. From the look of things you have snow now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pleasing to see some of the early bulbs coming through and flowering. Daffodils especially brighten up the garden. I heard from our Berkshire daughter this morning that the gales are strong down your way. Her school where she teaches was closed today for safety reasons. Take care Bill, stay safe.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful photos and so nice to see so many signs of spring. That cross of snowdrops is so pretty. Sounds like it was a great week, have a great weekend too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for coming by Martha and leaving a comment. I hope you come for a visit again soon. Have a lovely weekend.

      Delete
  6. Interesting to make a cross with snowdrops. Looks beautiful, like all you’ve showed us. Thanks for sharing and have a nice weekend

    Greetings

    Nova

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The snowdrops in the churchyard are beautiful. Planted long ago they flower every year as do the daffodils. The grounds are well tended. Thank you for your greetings. Have a good weekend Nova.

      Delete
  7. How beautiful those snowdrops look and all the other bulbs and that looks like a rhododendron flowering too. It's good to hear you are doing your own shopping now, that'll give you a boost and shows things are getting back to normal. Your noodle dish looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I like to experiment with the cooking. I got the recipe from Ellen's blog and it was a nice change. Getting back into a more normal routine is a boost too. :) Have a good weekend!

      Delete
  8. Splendid photos Linda! The weather is a little warmer for the first part of our week, so I am looking forward to getting out for a walk or two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comment. I hope you enjoy your walks next week. It's good to hear that you hope to get warmer weather soon. That makes a lot of difference when out and about. Meanwhile have a lovely weekend.

      Delete
  9. How nice to get out and about and enjoy these sweet flowers and views!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to get out and about again when the weather is suitable. We enjoyed the recipe for noodle soup (with a few extra additions) that I saw on your recent blog post.
      Happy Sunday!

      Delete
  10. I just love this time of year where we begin to see signs of the end of winter and beginning of spring. It is so beautiful! We also have daffodils and snowdrops blooming here. So happy you can once again feel like shopping. Your cake and daughter visit sounds lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We always look forward to seeing the Spring flowers especially the snowdrops. Soon it'll be the turn of the daffodils and then the tulips. I'm glad to know the same is true for you over in Oregon. :)

      Delete
  11. Goodness, cherry blossom and rhodos out already? What a lovely church and such a beautiful cross of snowdrops. Such a good idea. I did enjoy seeing all these lovely spring flowers.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Actually the shrub with pink flowers in the park I believe is a vibernum before the leaves appear. However I saw cherry blossom too in the park before Christmas due to our weird weather. It's unusual to see the rhododendron in bloom too. It lifts the heart to see the snowdrops. Hope you, the family and the doggies are ok.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You had me at pink tree, daffodils and snow drops! How beautiful to be seeing spring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your Spring will be beautiful too when it comes around. :)

      Delete
  14. That cross of snowdrops is so beautiful! I'm getting hungry looking at your yummy soup and cake! I love both of those things!x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment which is appreciated.
Moderation is on and Spam will be deleted.