A rich tapestry

August 23, 2021

A walk from Baslow to Chatsworth Estate parkland

One day Mr P drove us to Baslow where there's a public right-of-way footpath that leads into the parkland of Chatsworth Estate.  It's only a forty minute drive from where we live and the country lanes along an escarpment overlooking the River Derwent are shady, the trees being in full leaf at this time of the year.  The hills and dales across the moorlands are also spectacular. 








illustrations from the map of the village and surrounding area


Soon we were in the pretty village where we parked and started our walk through Chatsworth Estate passing along the way a farmhouse and one of the houses visitors can rent for a holiday break. After our walk we were ready for refreshments at The Devonshire Arms Hotel.

























We sat outside in the back courtyard of the hotel, but I couldn't resist a quick look inside at the dining area.
 

Thank you for coming by.  Enjoy your day!

Next time we'll visit Chatsworth House Gardens.



17 comments:

  1. It is a great pleasure to see all these beautiful photographs, thank you so much Linda :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous! What a splendid day in an area that is pure film set.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can't go wrong when taking photos as it's a picturesque area and a good time of the year to take a walk there.

      Delete
  3. Such a pretty place and thanks for sharing all these impression. Cute the kissing gate ♥

    Greetings and hugs to you

    Nova

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greetings to you dear Nova. I'm glad you enjoyed this blog post.

      Delete
  4. Lovely photos. I always smile when I see that kissing gate as we usually struggled to get my sister and her guide dog through it, usually with giggles. It was a favourite walk of hers:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll know this walk well Rosie. Our local daughter told us about the way into Chatsworth Estate via the path from Baslow village and I'm sure we'll go there again and take advantage of the public access into the parkland. The special gate is an ingenious idea. :)

      Delete
  5. Just beautiful! Love seeing picture of your Mr.P with daughter and then with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Days out with Mr P and our family members are precious and memorable. I will never forget when Mr P and I met you and your husband in York that time a few years ago. I do hope you both return to the UK one day and see more of the sights especially the beautiful gardens of our country houses.

      Delete
    2. I'm so glad you enjoyed this post Marilyn. There's more to come when I have a moment to post more blog posts. Best wishes.

      Delete
    3. How I wish we could hop on the plane right now and be there for a cup of tea and a stroll in some gardens with you.

      Delete
    4. The freedom to travel overseas again is something we long for too. I hope this will be possible once more in the near future. Time seems to be slipping by. I'm thankful for happy memories of past travel experiences.

      Delete
  6. This is a walk we would enjoy as well complete with a stop for lunch😋 Walks in the English countryside always seem so idyllic, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for coming by Beatrice. It's good to know that others in Blogland are interested in my blog posts. Blogging is a great way to meet and share. All the best, Linda.

      Delete
  7. Oh my, what an abundance of quaint, beautiful photos. What a wonderful day day out. I really enjoyed this post.xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a fascinating new walk along the footpath into Chatsworth Estate. Glad you enjoyed it.

      Delete

Thank you for your comment which is appreciated.
Moderation is on and Spam will be deleted.