A rich tapestry

April 09, 2021

This and That

 Hello again.  Thank you for your Easter greetings and I hope that you had a good Easter.  

Unfortunately Mr P has not been well lately.  It started with aches and pains on his left side where he had the hip replacement and then he came out in a rash which we thought was an allergy to some anti-inflammatory cream the practice nurse at the medical centre prescribed recently.  The rash continued to get worse and after being able to send photos into the doctor at the GP surgery he was diagnosed with shingles which is a painful and uncomfortable condition.  Antibiotic tablets and other medications have now been prescribed for the next few weeks. As you can imagine it has been even more of a low key Easter than normal despite the lifting of restrictions to allow meeting up to six other people outside. Our daughter M and grandchildren sent us some homemade flapjacks and fudge to cheer us up and, of course, other members of our family have been in touch by phone.

We've also had mixed weather like most others up and down the land.  Thankfully, it's much brighter again and the snow blizzards didn't last long.  I managed to get to the park and up to the Common on several occasions before Mr P's diagnosis of the shingles.  Now we're keeping in the warm and taking life very quietly.  I have plenty of craftwork I can get on with and books to read, but mainly I'm looking after Mr P, hoping he'll feel a lot better very soon.




                                   
 Mr P's vegetable and tomato seedlings.  The cacti in the hanging basket and pots are in bloom again for Easter. The amaryllis is starting to produce leaves so hopefully we shall have another season of flowers in the near future. All the plants are indoors where it's light and warm in the covered yard or on the living room window sills. They're doing well.

                                                                      
 The magnolia in the front garden.


At the entrance to the Common to my delight the narcissi were in bloom as well as the miniature daffodils. Daisies open up in the sunshine.


the library in the park


      The rockery in the walled garden in the park.

 
The volunteers are busy at work in the walled garden and it looks as if new sheds are going to be installed in the kitchen garden.


I've been having trouble with my photo files and I have to label them at the moment when I download them which is a slow process.  Consequently my blog posts will be even less frequent and I shall be reading your blogs with interest, but due to Mr P's illness will not be able to spend much time on the computer or reply to your kind comments that are much appreciated. Thank you for your visit.  Have a good day, weekend and week ahead.


11 comments:

  1. sorry about the file process and so very sorry to hear about the shingles. everyone person I know that has had them said it was one of the most painful things they ever had to go through. because of their stories i got the shingle shot a year and a half ago and when i got the shingles a few weeks ago i was pain free. Prayers for him to have less pain each day. i know it cauuses you much pain also, for him to have them. your plants are gorgeous. it looks like spring is in full bloom now. that is a good thing

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about Mr. P's shingles. Hoping he is better soon. The photos are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like Mr P's seedling are further on than mine I think I planted them too soon too. We had some frosts and did see snow falling though it did not lay. I hope Mr P gets over is shingles I have heard they are not present to have.
    Take Care

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about the Shingles diagnosis. I do hope the medication gets it under control and that it goes away. You have some pretty signs of Spring in your neck of the woods. We were sorry to hear about the passing of Prince Philip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you once more dear friends for your kind comments for better health for Mr P. Also our thoughts and prayers go out to the Queen and the Royal Family at this sad time.

      Delete
  5. Oh dear so sorry to read that Mr P has shingles, I remember my Mum having shingles and it was so painful and uncomfortable for her. I do hope the medication works soon and that he will begin to feel a lot easier soon. Your photos are lovely as always:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor Mr P. Shingles is a very painful thing to have, I hope he gets better soon. You've taken some wonderful colourful photos of your garden and the local area, it's good to see those seedlings coming on so well. Take care. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry to read about the shingles diagnosis, hopefully Mr P will be on the mend soon. He will be in our prayers. Beautiful photos of the seedlings, we are very late and have only just got our started. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear about Mr. P`s diagnosis, hoping and praying for his swift and full recovery, healing and restoration . Surely as the LORD cares for all the lilies in the field and clothes all the splendid flowers in your garden, how much more He cares for you! May His healing hand be mighty in Mr. P!! Love and blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shingles hurt... my husband had it down his back and around his waist. He was given injections to help with the burning pain. nasty! Do hope Mr P is getting better and that the medication has kicked in. Beautiful photos of your plants and scenery around about. Lovely cacti flowers! I am quite envious because I got one bloom from my Christmas Cactus at Christmas and nothing else! I must be doing something wrong...sigh! Take care Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh goodness, so sorry to hear Mr P has shingles, a nasty business for sure, here's to a speedy recovery. You are lucky to have such a close family who rally around to support you both. Oh yes, we've had sleet and snow flurries here too, it sure is bitter when the sun sets. Lovely seeing all the seedlings and blooms. What a pain re the problems with the files, hope you sort that soon.xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment which is appreciated.
Moderation is on and Spam will be deleted.