A rich tapestry

October 03, 2020

Update

 Hello everyone.  I hope you're keeping well.  I've been taking a break from blogging mainly because Mr P and I have been attending different medical appointments in the last couple of weeks.  We had our 'flu vaccination, dental and optician checkups and treatment.  I've been adjusting to new prescription glasses which were much needed, but glad to learn that the eyesight problems that I've had for many years are stable.  I'm still learning how to use new Blogger and struggling with typing on the laptop as I need to replace my keyboard and wireless mouse as soon as possible.  I'm making slow progress with it all.

The weather has been good most days although getting cooler by the day.  Mr P and I continue with our projects around the home and garden, mainly outside where we've gathered more tomatoes, cleared more space in the covered yard and so on.  Mr P has started a new project outside.  He's building a greenhouse on the area where we grow vegetables as there are not many plants yielding produce now apart from the green beans and chard.  There'll still be room to grow vegetables at the side of the new greenhouse in the Springtime.  We've also been planting flower bulbs in borders and pots and look forward to them in the new year.

Last week I took my usual walk to the library in the park to collect my order, but this time decided to request large print and audio books. This means that they're not new publications, but they'll keep me going for quite a while.

Here are a few photos of our life in the last few weeks.  I'll post some more of my walk through the walled garden next to the library another time as everything was looking so colourful even as the season changes.

Thank you for your visit and I'll catch up with you soon.  Wishing you a peaceful weekend.











23 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear you are both well and getting successfully through all the appointments. It's difficult to find interesting things for the blog when we aren't out and about so often but it's good we have our gardens to enjoy, it's always lovely to have a look around someone else's. What a great idea to put a greenhouse on that spot. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. We had hoped to go down to Berkshire, but it looks unlikely because of the way the virus is on the rise again. Yes, we're thankful for the projects we can do around the home that keep us occupied especially as the weather gets colder and wetter and we have to stay in the warm.

      Delete
  2. Hello Linda I have just managed to get back to my blog and noticed you had commented back in May when I had posted a blog, fully intending to be back to blogging. Clearly that didn't happen. Sorry for not replying or being able to visit you here though I did pop in to see how you were I do recall. I have been so busy but hope to make time to visit blogs and maybe post again. Glad to hear you are both well and getting things sorted health wise with appointments now we are all able to again. Love your photos as ever, and your garden looks beautiful. I need to get out and do some gardening and tidying ready for winter, I could do with a garden coach. I hope you have a good weekend and the weather gives us some lovely skies to look at from the warmth of our homes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Jan. It's good to hear from you and to know that you are well. I can imagine that you're really busy with work as a key worker in these challenging times. I hope you get some rest and relaxation in between your work schedule. I remember the beautiful skies you used to photograph and share on your blog when you had time. Take care and keep well. All the best. x

      Delete
  3. Your flower photos are totally awesome today each and every one of them is just gorgeous and I love the yellow and the red sunflower. And you already know that I love that Walled Garden Gate. It's so beautiful. Glad you got all your appointment over with and hope you get your new mouse and keyboard soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandra. I'm looking forward to getting the new mouse and keyboard. They'll be easier for me to use. The red and yellow sunflowers were given to us by local daughter and at last they've shot up and produced flowers. :) Glad you enjoyed seeing a few of the colourful flowers in the walled garden.

      Delete
  4. Hello Linda,
    it is getting autumn here in Finland too, although it is still quite warm and pleasant.
    I wish you a sunny and happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today we're having stormy weather. I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying good autumn days in finland. Happy Sunday to you also.

      Delete
  5. I’m also happy that you made it good through the appointments and that you are doing well so far. Thanks for taking us with you in words an pictures, it’s just nice to see and read.
    Futhermoe all the best as well as love and warm greetings to you

    N☼va

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greetings Nova. I'm glad you enjoyed my update and photos. Have a good week. xxL

      Delete
  6. Glad to read all is well with you both. It is always a joy to see the wonderful photos of your garden and its produce, a feast for the eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you MM. I'm happy that you visited and enjoyed hearing my news and the flower photos. Looking forward to catching up with your news. Meanwhile, wishing you blessed days.

      Delete
  7. Lovely garden pictures as usual. How exciting to have a new greenhouse soon.
    Glad you are getting help with you medical issues. Take care, dear ones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marilyn. A new greenhouse will be very useful with a plan to grow tomatoes there. The covered yard will contain pot plants and continue to be used as a conservatory. Thank you for coming by. Best wishes to you and your family.

      Delete
  8. Good to know all the check ups went well. It is hard to adjust to new glasses isn't it. Lovely photos, the sunsets are simply stunning! A new greenhouse? How marvelous. Welcome back.xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dina. It's good to be back blogging. Thanks for coming by. Take care and have a good week.

      Delete
  9. Hello Linda, its lovely to catch up with you again. Good to know that you're enjoying all that your beautiful garden has to offer. Gorgeous photos, those tomatoes and flowers, so special. Loved the skyscapes too - its incredible how all those colours are there sometimes isn't it.
    It can be strange settling in new glasses. Good wishes to you both, its always nice when the rounds of appointments are completed. All the best xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to hear from you Sue. A break from blogging for whatever reason sometimes is necessary. All the best to you and your too Sue. xxL

      Delete
  10. Life sounds good in your post and there is nothing more beautiful than a garden and sunsets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Compared with many people we're doing fairly well in these difficult times Carol.
      Take care, stay well.

      Delete
  11. Linda, I've just been catching up. I'm very glad that your eyesight problems have been resolved and you are obviously getting to grips with the new Blogger. I have loved reading your posts, they are full of the blowsiness of summer, glorious colours and wonderful food. We too have found our garden invaluable for socially-distanced visits from family and friends but I really wish I had a covered yard! I hope you will be able to meet with your family soon. Take care, both you and Mr P. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My eyesight issues of posterior vitreous detachment won't get better. short sightedness as well as growing cataracts add to the problem, but I cope. I'm glad to hear that you and your family are keeping well. thanks for coming by. Take care yourself, Mrs T.

      Delete

Thank you for your comment which is appreciated.
Moderation is on and Spam will be deleted.