The skies are still blue. I'm fascinated by the puffy little clouds. Yesterday we went to our local daughter's home to trim the vines in her garden. She and her son, when they have a moment, have been busy weeding and watering over the last few weeks so everything is looking tidy, but our daughter has left it to her Dad to sort out the vine branches that have been growing in length over the weeks since we haven't been able to go and visit. Our daughter was working, of course, but our grandson, who has now finished the study work that had been assigned online to him by his academy, was there. We're still having to apply social distancing rules, but it was an opportunity to see all that he has done in between his studies to make the garden look attractive such as painting fences and the garden shed. Some of the neighbours' fence panels had blown down a while ago and could not be replaced until they could be acquired and erected and that was another improvement and helps restore privacy.
a fig tree sapling, French lavender in a container, white evergreen jasmine
a palm, lilies in bud, chrysanthemum
California poppies
sunflowers
May you have a peaceful June. Thanks for your visit.
May you have a peaceful June too, Linda!
ReplyDeleteI like your California poppies very much. The colour is unique.
Thanks for sharing.
Thank you Luisella.
Deletethe garden is absolutely amazing!! I love everything about it all the pots and all the flowers and the peacocks. Absolutely gorgeous. So glad you got to go over. I'm going to be taking some time off from my blog because I have been diagnosed with repetitive motion syndrome better known as Mouse shoulder and I have to get off the computer as much as I can. it appears I was sitting wrong and using the mouse wrong and doing the repetitive motion so many hours a day and there's exercises that can be done. I will be re-evaluating while I'm off to see what I can and cannot do
ReplyDeleteSharing a love of gardening with our children and grandchildren makes us happy. I hope that with rest your shoulder issue will get better.
DeleteThey've done a wonderful job despite all the difficulties, the garden looks really pretty. I bet Mr P was pleased that they couldn't do without his garden services and I bet he was really pleased to help. Have fun Linda, maybe you'll be able to see them a bit more often.
ReplyDeleteWe're glad that we can now meet in other people's gardens and other open spaces even though social distancing rules still apply. Now we're hoping for fine weather so that this is possible. We had rain overnight so the plants got the benefit at least.
DeleteThat is such a nice little garden, full of interest
ReplyDeleteOur daughter designed her garden from scratch and put in all the gravel path and plants herself. There's a decking area patio and pot plants so easier to maintain since she's working full-time.
DeleteBeautiful. Happy June to you!
ReplyDeleteThank you Ellen. Happy June days to you too!
DeleteHello Linda, Another lovely garden. It has such a different feel from yours. I think each garden has it's own personality. With all the blue skies and sunshine, the brick walls. bright flowers and pottery it almost feels Mediterranean. So good that you have been able to have some time in the company of your family.
ReplyDeleteThe garden is a place where our daughter can relax after work and at the weekend. There's a wood deck area not shown which is good for BBQ family gatherings. One day we hope we can get together with our family again and enjoy that aspect of her garden.
DeleteWow, impressive, so much to look at and admire. Thrilled you have been able to catch up with some of the family.
ReplyDeleteThank you MM. Taking time to look around a garden is enjoyable. In our own garden we can see changes daily and then in someone else's garden that we haven't visited for a while we see the changes and the hard work to maintain it in good order. We were happy to spend time with our grandson on his own patch. Hopefully there'll be other times now to visit him and our daughter.
DeleteWhat a lovely garden with litle places of interest and also areas to relax in. I love all the pots and sculptures too. Glad you were able to visit and see all the work that has been done:)
ReplyDeleteThank you Rosie. It was good to see the progress in the garden for ourselves and to have some input by trimming the growing vine branches.
DeleteWow that's some garden, we had a sturdy main vine branch until this week when hubby broke it, I don't know who was more upset him or me, but we have 1 bunch of grapes left so we'll concentrate on those.
ReplyDeleteThank you Chris for your visit and for leaving a comment. I'm sorry to hear that you've lost a vine branch. Hopefully your bunch of grapes will develop during the coming weeks. It's fun growing grapes in our climate. All the best, Linda. :)
DeleteHow lovely that you got to visit family in such a beautiful garden. Goodness, it's simply full of delightful pots, ornaments and plants!!!xxx
ReplyDeleteIt'll be good to spend an hour or two on a weekend in our daughter's garden now that we can. xxL
DeleteIt's nice for your daughter to have a bit of help in the garden. I do feel for those who haven't got any outdoor space, the last few weeks must have been terrible for them having to stay indoors, I think we've realised just how important it is to have a little outdoor patch, especially as the weather has been so good, though of course it's changed now. I'm pleased to see a bright yellow sunshine return to the forecast at the end of next week though, I do hope it's right.
ReplyDeleteIt must be very difficult for those who live in a flat especially during these challenging days. If you live high up you have to get down and out to find a green space and you would feel cooped up. We're so grateful for our small garden. The weather here has been changeable today. It was windy enough to get some washing dry,but then we've had rain showers this afternoon. The sun brought warmth for a while and now dark clouds mean more rain. We see the weather forecast and hope for more sunshine. All the best Jo. Thanks for coming by and leaving a comment.
DeleteWhat a pretty garden. Thanks for sharing it with us.
ReplyDeleteYou are welcome Marilyn.
DeleteSuch a beautiful garden !! I love those puffy clouds too, feels like God peeking through and shining His Glory and smiling His countenance upon you. Happy and peaceful June days to you and your family!!
ReplyDeleteThank you Shayndel.
DeleteYour grandson sounds like a wonderful young man. .... the garden is just beautiful. I love the walls and fencing, reminds me of “The Secret Garden.” It’s very special. .... Here l have been marveling at the way California poppies seem to have migrated up the coast to Oregon ... obviously they’ve traveled a good bit further than that ))). They sure are a cheerful bright spot whether in an English garden or an Oregon one!
ReplyDeleteWe have plenty of poppies in our garden most self seeded as well as oriental poppies. California poppies are favourites and I shall be sowing some more in the coming days.
DeleteEverything looks beautiful. Since I was supposed to be gone much of that last few months, I didn't plant my garden. Now, here for all those months, I've filled every pot I have with vegetables and the like. Watering, watering. Ready for travel! Ha!
ReplyDeleteTravel certainly has been put on hold! We focus on the garden and what we can grow. Growing vegetables is a good move. :)
Delete