Hello everyone! I hope that you're having a good week. As Friday has come around again this is a Five on Friday blog post. Thank you Tricky for hosting.
After the recent sunny weather we're back to rainy days. That didn't deter me from meeting a friend on Wednesday at a local tea shop. We try to get together a couple of times a month for a catchup chat before browsing the charity shops or visiting a special event. This week my friend enjoyed a scone with her pot of tea and I had a chocolate brownie with a cup of coffee. We haven't a particularly sweet tooth as it's the drink and chat we look forward to, but the cup cakes always look attractive and tempting!
We have many small businesses in my local high street including independent bakeries making bespoke cakes for special occasions. I spotted this fantastic peacock, probably crafted in marzipan, adorning a cake in one of the shop windows.
I snapped this display in a bomboniere shop when we were walking around a local Italian town. The cake for a little girl's first holy communion party is surrounded by the little ornament gifts that are traditionally given to guests along with the boxes to put them in.


