Hello everyone! I missed Amy's Five on Friday last week and so this Friday I'm sharing some photos of plants and flowers that I've seen in the last ten days whilst out-and-about.
1. Barker's Pool Piazza Garden, Sheffield City Centre - this little garden is a good place for shoppers and office workers to sit and take a break.
2. At the local garden centre there are displays of cacti and many pots of chrysanthemums. We went there to buy some seeds as well as more bulbs to plant for the Springtime.
3. At home there's an arrangement of a gift of flowers from a daughter.
4. Local people are thankful for the volunteers in the walled garden next to the library in the park, open to the public for most of the day, who are always busy tidying up the flower beds, working in the glasshouses and the plot of land where fruit and vegetables are grown.
5. In our daughter's garden the Virginia creeper on the fence really is that bright red and orange colour now. The roses, the lavender bushes, the heathers and some fuchsias in a pot are still flowering and the Michaelmas daisies give a seasonal touch.
The link to Five on Friday where you can join in and also
connect with the other participants' blogs
to see what they have shared this week is HERE
As always I wish you a good day and a peaceful weekend.

I love your post. Beautiful gardens and flowers! I am enjoying the photos of your daughter's garden. Beautiful!
ReplyDeleteThere's still a lot of colour around at the moment. The cactus which is in flower is stunning, so pretty.
ReplyDeleteI really like that Garden outside the office building. It would be nice when you had a break to go out there and also I imagine the view from that office building is gorgeous. All those beautiful colorful flowers your purse is an explosion of color today which is makes a happy post
ReplyDeleteLovely pictures. I miss all the little garden spaces that seem to be around every corner in England. It's always great to see people enjoying the sunshine in these spaces. Not so much here in the US town I now live in. People don't seem to spend a lot of time in the park enjoying the flowers and the sun even in the mid of summer. Thanks for sharing your five!
ReplyDeleteSuch a beautiful post, the stunning plants/ shrubs/flowers are a real delight to see at this time of year. Hope you are well.
ReplyDeleteGreat photos odd the flowers and shrubs and autumnal colours from around your City. xx
ReplyDeleteA lovely collection of photos for Five on Friday.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous fall flowers! Such wonderful garden shots! Really making me long for fall...Not too much longer! :-)
ReplyDeleteIt's amazing how much colour there is around at the moment. The Michaelmas daisies look gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteLovely colorful post! Chrysanthemums in pots and in a vase make the autumn. The parthenocissus looks spectacular! Happy weekend Linda!
ReplyDeleteLovely shots and good to see so much colour in the gardens still. I love that close up shot of the dahlia, always good to see a blue sky background too.
ReplyDeleteThere are still some gorgeous flowers around to admire. Loved your daughters virginia creeper with its stunning colour and those lovely michaelmas daisies.
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful weekend Linda :)
What wonderful colours. My garden is now lacking much colour
ReplyDeleteSo much colour in those beautiful gardens. I would love to visit the walled garden, it looks magical.
ReplyDeleteGreen spaces in cities are so important, I think. Your daughter's garden is especially beautiful! Thanks for sharing the wonderful photos, Linda. xx
ReplyDeleteLove the Michaelmas daisies against the vivid red of the Virginia Creeper - they really speak of Autumn to me.
ReplyDeletePS. Lovely colourful header too
ReplyDeleteGardens, nurseries, bouquets just all make my heart happy. Your garden photos are just happy photos. I am partial right now to chrysanthemums; so seeing them especially sings to me.
ReplyDeleteLovely garden with lots of color. Hope you have a peaceful weekend!
ReplyDeleteSuch beautiful flowers, first time I've seen Virginia Creeper in a long time, looks gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteSo many charming gardens! I love Virginia Creeper, such beautiful green leaves in the summer followed by the vivid reds of autumn, gorgeous! Glad you are feeling energetic enough to be out and about enjoying this lovely fall season.
ReplyDeletebeautiful photos! Enjoyed looking at them.
ReplyDeletePublic green spaces in cities are wonderful places - nature can be so restorative to the human spirit. The Virginia creeper is such a gorgeous bright red - it really livens up the landscape. Happy weekend.
ReplyDeleteSuch gorgeous gardens. Especially the public space. While here, we have a government authority that is tearing down plants and trees and gardens. :(
ReplyDeleteThat's nice to have little parks in the middle of a town ! Your flower pictures are beautiful ! Soon there will be no flowers anymore, sigh !
ReplyDeleteSo beautiful. Thank you for sharing.
ReplyDeletej'aime les squares et les parcs des villes
ReplyDeleteils sont plein de surprises et de découvertes agréables
ces couleurs magnifiques vestiges d'un été
bonne semaine
je suis très contente de votre reprise de confiance
tendresse
I repeat - Brits are born with the flower gene. Everything is beautiful and your skill with your camera is amazing.
ReplyDeleteThese little town/city gardens are worth their weight in gold always cheering up the day. That combination of purple and red is brilliant. I see you've been having some treatment, glad you can now have a rest from it all.
ReplyDeleteLinda, beautiful gardens and flowers. I enjoyed the cactus! Give yourself a hug and rest!
ReplyDeleteThere is still so much beauty to be seen on these autumn days. That Virginia creeper with asters and rose is a gorgeous photo.
ReplyDeleteDear Linda,
ReplyDeleteHow lovely to see the beautiful parks and gardens with pretty flowers and I enjoyed seeing your five on Friday. Autumn is such a great time of the year with all the colour about.
Hope you are enjoying your weekend
hugs
Carolyn
Hi Linda the flowers and the gardens are breathtaking! Huso
ReplyDeleteSandra xx
What lovely, uplifting pics, we need to see images like this now the dark evenings are drawing in. I just loved those pretty blue asters. Little stars.xxx
ReplyDelete