7 Jul 2017

Five on Friday

Hello everyone!  I hope that you've had a good week.  As it's Friday here is my blog post for Five on Friday hosted by F.A.S.T.blog. This week I'm sharing some collages made up of photos taken in Italy earlier in the year in March except for the photo of the butterfly on the scabia flower which was taken at a different time (during August).
However, I'm starting with one of the latest lot of flowers in our front garden, the pink jasmine hedge, some new 'Joie de Vivre' rose bushes that were grown from cuttings and the lovely lavender.




In March some one had not collected the oranges on this tree!  I've put the image with the one of the butterfly.  It's amazing to see so many creatures, butterflies, bees, lizards and crickets, but then in Italy the weather is warm during the day even in the early months of the year.  Our home is sheltered yet still on the mountain slopes of the region.


A local town always looks attractive with the planters in the public areas planted up with seasonal flowers. The bushes of rosemary and bottle bush were also in flower.




Thank you Tricky and Carly for hosting

As always thank you for your visits to my blog and for your kind comments. I'm keeping well as is my husband, but now I'm taking a blogging break.
Wishing you a good Summer,
Linda :) 

17 comments:

  1. Lovely photos and collages, Linda. I like the colour combinations especially the oranges and the butterfly and the pretty pink flowers with lavender in the first photo. Have a wonderful break, wishing you and your husband a great summer:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garden is lovely with lots of color! the butterfly is gorgeous and someone -- please pick the oranges!!!!!!! Ha! I love seeing the flowers in different towns and how they are presented. Flowers just seem to make everything better! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. enjoy your break.. my favotie today is the view of the mountains from your home. gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Italy always looks so beautiful, been more than a few years since we've been there. Thought we might make it this year, but it all got too complicated. Enjoy your summer break.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In a beautiful place you live and you have a lovely garden. Now enjoy the beautiful summer and rest. Regards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful mosaics, a great five.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It must be lovely having all that wildlife, not too mention the hot weather! Fancy forgetting to pick oranges!!! Have a marvelous break. Glad you are both keeping well.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Doesn't it all look gorgeous, with it being hotter over there you must have the flowers out for longer and all the wildlife enjoying them too. Look at the mountains! Wow! I'd love a view like that from my window. It's a bit different to Reading. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. some great photos, the waterfall looks spectacular

    Thanks for joining in with Five on Friday, we hope you have had a wonderful weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your flowers in your garden are so lovely. Yes, May in Italy looks like the very beautiful season! I traveled in Italy two times. The first time was winter of 1987. The second time was hot summer of 1997. Beautiful country and people are very friendly! Happy day to you!!
    See you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The shot of the mountains is gorgeous, as are all the beautiful flowers. I am always amazed to see buildings right on the edge of rivers and canals in Europe. I would think they'd be flooded often! I hope you enjoy your summertime break, Linda! Many blessings to you and yours, Bess

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have a great summer and enjoy your family time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. what Glorious series of gorgeous photos my friend!!!

    truly loved each one ,specially oranges reminded me the oranges garden of my grandparents back in native village.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good to hear you are both well. Have a wonderful, wonderful summer. I love seeing your garden flowers. The pink rose and lavender particularly touch my heart. And the views from Italy are spectacular. Enjoy your views along the way. Sending hugs to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How beautiful these scenes are! Enjoy your summer break! x Karen

    ReplyDelete