23 Jun 2017

Five on Friday




Hello everyone.  Thank you for coming by and thank you for leaving some lovely messages on my last blog post.  After our Sunday and Monday celebrating Father's Day and our wedding anniversary the rest of the week has been relatively quiet working around the house and garden. The hot and humid weather has meant doing this more slowly than usual.  Using the home computer has been really frustrating not only because I'm having trouble with it, but because our internet provider was working on a local connection issue and the service was off most of the day on Wednesday. Once again my blog post is going to be brief and for Five on Friday Meetup I'm sharing five images of the chickens in the fields opposite our house in Italy where they have plenty of space to run around. Wisely they retreated back to the shelter of the olive trees by our neighbour's vegetable plot and vineyard as I walked by across the fields.  I can get to a sister-in-law's home if I walk down to the woods and follow a stream running by them rather than walk up the lane to the cluster of houses where she and her family and other relatives live.
  




Our thoughts are beginning to turn to our next trip to Italy and yet I've hardly shared anything about our last one earlier in the year!  Hopefully I'll write more about that as well as life in England if the problems with my computer improve! 
Meanwhile I wish you a good day and a very peaceful weekend,
Linda :)


10 comments:

  1. Those chickens look to have a wonderful life scratching about in all that grass. Hope the internet problems are now solved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the computer, I ended up having to get a new one. Great chicken pix.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved seeing the chickens, hope you manage to get your computer connection sorted. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh aren't they gorgeous. 😊 We are all in a muddle when the computer goes down these days, we rely on them for everything. Hopefully you'll soon be back to normal. It must be great to be able to pop to Italy for a break. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so blessed to to be able to share time is two such beautiful countries Linda. Those chickens certainly look content. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope your computer issue get resolved. That can be so very frustrating. Love, love those chickens in the grass. What a lovely place to walk.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here, chickie, chickie! Makes me think of my childhood in the chicken yard, picking eggs from the nests and cleaning them so my parents could bring them to town in trade for cash :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhh, always lovely to see pics of happy chicks! I bet you can't wait to get back to Italy, it's so hard to post on everything isn't it, I've hardly touched on our February travels....still, we post when and what we can. Always lovely to catch up.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it when you go to Italy, the photos are so beautiful at your home there. the chickens are really nice looking and I love the last shot of the rooster in the sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun shots of the roaming chickens!

    ReplyDelete