31 May 2017

Floral Bliss #23 Our garden in May




the view of our neighbours' gardens from our back windows


The peonies are now over and have been replaced by foxgloves and there will be oriental poppies and phlox next month.





The aquilegias are still in flower. I bought a new yellow aquilegia, Yellow Swan, to replace one that has disappeared from the flower beds over the Winter.  I shall try and look after the new one which is still in a pot.


The first of the roses are in bloom.  Arthur Bell is always the first and I like the way it changes colour from golden yellow to a pale lemon. It also has a beautiful fragrance.



Geums, osteospernum daisies and the pelargoniums add some bright colour to the garden. My favourite plants are those with white or pale coloured flowers. However, I've abandoned my idea of creating a flower bed with just white flowering plants and the raised bed and planters near the seating area under the fig tree are now full of a variety of plants. 







Other varieties of rose that are the first to bloom are White Star and Brother Cadfael. We look forward to other varieties of rose in our garden that will bloom over the coming weeks of June.

 I'm linking this blog post with Riitta's Floral Bliss


15 comments:

  1. That is a fantastic blooming tree! Your garden is so filled with colorful flowers and lovely fragance as well, with sweet peas & roses. I have to wait three weeks for peonies to bloom. But they shall!

    Thank you for sharing Linda, wishing you a lovely evening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all yellow flowers and you have many beautiful ones. I like the others to, just yellow makes me happy... your garden is wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scrumptious blooms! What a very pretty garden you're growing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your peonies are well ahead of ours, just buds here. What a beautiful collection of roses, they are ahead of ours too. Loved the geums and that blackbird picture, looks like she is tweaking her nest for brood number two.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your garden is a place of exquisite beauty! What an absolute joy to behold!x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So lush and beautiful. Our Peonies are just getting ready to burst.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh such a beautiful garden Linda! Many, many gorgeous blooms - it all looks quite heavenly. Your photos are a treat and convey the peace and relaxation that exists there. Thanks so much for sharing :D)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful garden! I love to see the lush green plants and so many varieties of beautiful and colourful flowers. Even the birds enjoy your garden. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a fabulous sprouting tree! Your garden is so loaded with brilliant blossoms and exquisite fragance too, with sweet peas and roses...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a joy to visit and see those beautiful flowers, you have a stunning garden.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have a gorgeous garden, Linda. Aquilegias are almost over here, I've been cutting down the seed heads to try and stop them spreading so much. Geums are looking lovely and the yellow rose is always the first to flower:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful. I've got lots of aquilegias flowering at the moment but I'm still waiting for my yellow one to bloom, it's always later than the others. Geums are great for a pop of colour, I've got a similar orange coloured one but mine's a dwarf variety, Koi, and I've also got Mrs Bradshaw.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glorious Linda! I do love that shot of the blackbird :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your garden is most wonderful. Love the peonies and roses. Our foxglove in the garden looks much the same as yours. How fun to see it all.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I adore peonies.
    I adore roses.
    In fact I just adore flowers and their many colours.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete