2 Apr 2014

Italy in March


Whether we're in Italy or England much of our time is spent doing things around the house and garden or going out to places near home.
I'm looking back to our time in Italy in March and remembering some of what we did during that month.

I did a little more of my cross stitching
picture and some reading.



We did some entertaining...



and shopping in one of the local towns.


This is the view from the supermarket car park.


There was a Saturday market.






On the way we went to the local flour mill where as well as grinding and selling different varieties of flour one can buy all sorts of animal feed, seeds and plants.  It's where we used to take my mother-in-law to get her maize and wheat grain ground into flour and where some of my sisters-in-law now come to buy the flour for bread, sweet pastry and pasta dough making. We bought some packets of vegetable seeds to grow back in the UK.


Some more good views of the mountains on the way home.

16 comments:

  1. Hello Linda:

    "Oh to be in England, now that April's there". Not so when there is the possibility of being in such a wonderful country as Italy which you show in these images. How magical it all is and how we imagine, as you post this from a grey English day [as most likely it is], there is a touch of nostalgia in your heart.

    Greetings from a warm, sunny Budapest!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The view from the supermarket car park is spectacular. I don't think I'd want to leave and go into the store. You certainly have beautiful surroundings -- and a beautiful home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a wonderful mountain vista in the last shot. number 10 is my favorite... love it and i can tell this is in Europe if there were no words. nothing like this in USA. the chair in the sunshine is a work of ART photo

    ReplyDelete
  4. You might think that it is all pretty ordinary, but it is very beautiful and very interesting to see, similar but very different! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely don't feel that my life in Italy (or England) is ordinary, Amy. I feel very blessed by my husband's hard work that has enabled us to enjoy such a life and to do so whilst we have the health and strength.

      Delete
  5. Surrounded by beauty on every front. Your sewing basket caught my eye, too. We're still blanketed in snow here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful place to chill, I love the mountains, it must be heavenly to see them. That coal burner is lovely, I love them and that blanket is soooo pretty, just the thing to drape around you on a chilly evening....it does all sound so very romantic! Sighs I....xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The view of the mountains topped with snow, the blue skies and the pink blossom is picture perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is just beautiful there. Love seeing your handiwork and shopping in the market.
    Thanks for sharing this lovely place with us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The scenery is absolutely breathtaking Linda, and I love the look of your home, so tastefully decorated with lots of light. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It must be very hard to leave and come back to England. The views are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That last photo is beautiful with the snow capped mountains in the background. It looks a wonderful part of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, to have that view from our local supermarket:) Lovely photos of your time in Italy, Linda:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've really enjoyed this series of post son your Italian home in its gorgeous setting. Your photos are lovely. Apologies for not commenting on each post, but I'm trying to catch up after my blogging break. It was good to hear how you came to build the house and live there for some years.

    ReplyDelete
  14. If that was the view from my local supermarket I wouldn't be getting deliveries!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I wish the farmers' markets here were open!

    ReplyDelete