15 Jun 2013

A woodland nature trail


Across the water from the Ladybower Reservoir Fairholmes Visitors' Centre and over the other side of the meadow from where we sat and had our picnic is a nature trail.  There's an easy route through the woodlands of mainly sycamore, rowan, oak and other deciduous trees. The original woodland of the valley was reduced by cutting and grazing. Now broad leaf species are being planted to replace some of the conifers that had been been introduced around the reservoirs to reduce soil erosion and these are being protected so that they can regenerate naturally from seed.












Some interesting sculptures and seats have been placed along the trail.  I hope you enjoyed the short walk in the woods.

9 comments:

  1. It looks lovely, and the weather was obviously good for your visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my! Thank you for sharing this scenic trail! Loved your photos. I would enjoy spending some time there. What whimsical statues! Loved reading about Sycamores...did they have signs for other trees? Have a nice weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It all looks so calm and peaceful with the sculptures compliment the forest so well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel like I repeat myself over and over again - but, once again, lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like a lovely walk under the trees and I love the wooden sculptures especially the mole:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I simply love that little bridge and beautiful sculptures....gorgeous, thanks for sharing.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks beautiful Linda, I love to walk through woodland.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely! I always enjoy walking through woodland, and this looks so appealing.Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an AMAZING place!
    I'm well jealous!
    Tammy xx

    ReplyDelete