8 May 2013

Renishaw Hall, Derbyshire: (2)


When I visited Renishaw Hall on Friday I had all day long to wander around the gardens as my husband left me there after having refreshments in the stable courtyard cafe.
There are many aspects to the gardens and grounds. A visitor who returns several times soon realises that everything has been thoughtfully designed so that the formal leads to the informal, naturalistic  mixture of planting on the edge of the woodland and lakeside walks.
There are beautiful vistas from every angle of the main garden and it was a delight to see the flowering shrubs and trees as well as the tulips, forget-me-knots, Imperial fritillary etc. in the flower beds near the house and on the top lawn by the lime tree avenue.


     





                                                                 Magnolia 'Denudata'






The first photo of the fountain and swimming pool on the Swimming Pool Lawn was taken during a visit on a sunny day at the beginning of April, 2011 and the water really did look a turquoise blue!


11 comments:

  1. so beautiful, no matter which way you look. my favorite is the the two yellow flowers in front of the window, the next to last photo. i would have gone in to a snapping fever

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never visited Renishaw Hall during rhododendron time - this year they appear to be spectacular. Have you ever visited Lea Rhododendron Gardens, near Matlock, which belong to one of my oldest friends?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful place. That blossom has me aching.....gorgeous!xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful gardens - and it's so nice to have some decent weather! Jx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do enjoy your posts Linda, brilliant photos as always :) This is definitely my kind of place for a walk, such an interesting place with lots of lovely flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pictures are gorgeous. Everything is later, this year. Looks like a beautiful place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The garden looks lovely and the shrubs and flowers are much more forward there than they are here:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely photos, Linda. That the fourth time I've heard or read something about Renishaw Hall in the past couple of weeks, twice on your blog and twice on TV. DH and I happened to be watching Escape to the Country with our after-lunch coffee a day or two ago and there was an item about Renishaw which included an interview with the owner.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely Linda! I can only imagine how wonderful it would be to visit such exquisite gardens. Thank you for taking me along on your outings - I enjoy them so much.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks stunning, Linda, and I really must visit soon. The English side of my family come from the Renishaw area and I was bought up with tales of the Sitwell family. My very first dance was at Mount St Mary's and my mother's ashes are in the churchyard at Spinkhill, so lots of history there. Thank you for this - it is good to reconnect with my roots sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the mix of the formal and informal. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete