3 Dec 2012

Preparing



Yesterday morning we lit the first candle on the Advent wreath during morning prayers in our church and in the evening we did the same at home.  Lighting that candle in community and at home marks for us a period of reflection and preparation for the Christmas season and the celebration of the birth of Jesus. My hope is that during the next few weeks, when life could become full of extra activity, I will be ever mindful of the reason for the season. 

For with You is the fountain of Life; in Your Light we see light.  
Psalm 36: 8-9


6 comments:

  1. We love the season of Advent. George and I do our devotions together every day --but we do some extra prayers during Advent and Lent... It is such a wonderful season. We have participated in the Advent Wreath many times... Love it.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely reminder, Linda. I'm entirely st one with you on the importance of Advent,as my last blog post shows.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Perpetua. Have a look at her blog and also the link in it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing and reading how others celebrate advent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When my children were little we also had an Advent wreath at home and they took turns lighting it. What a wonderful way to anticipate and prepare for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete