21 Nov 2012

Floral Art


Many of the flower arrangers in our places of worship are members of floral societies and guilds. Yesterday I went to one of my fellowship groups where we were treated to a masterclass in the making of a floral arrangement for the home that would be suitable for a seasonal table decoration. We were shown how to arrange three types of arrangement with tips on how to construct the base and build up the foliage, flowers, and other accessories.






We also had a lunch of soup, bread and cheese and attendees were asked to make a donation to the flower arranger's favourite mountain rescue charity.  The arrangements were raffled and I won the candle decoration which now graces our dining table.



6 comments:

  1. i think you won the prettiest one. what fun and to have that beautiful floral arrangement. i love candles and daisy's and sunflowers, these are perfect... for me, mums i think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely day spent learning about flower arranging. Such pretty arrangements too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have loved going to that class too. All the arrangements are gorgeous but I think the candle one is my pick as well. Lots of congratulations on winning it

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely your morning sounds Linda, and to learn a new craft with like-minded people. Well done on winning your new table decoration.
    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely and with what you learnt, I guess you will be able to use this table decoration as a base for your Christmas Table one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How beautiful and I do love your prize. That class sounds like so much fun.

    ReplyDelete