22 Sep 2012

A week in North Wales, UK


We've just returned from a week's holiday in North Wales based in the largest coastal resort of Llandudno.  Our hotel was situated on the North Shore seafront overlooking the bay with views of the headlands to left and right known as The Great Orme and the Little Orme.







Llandudno's north bay curves around in a  wide sweep of sand, shingle and rock with a promenade that stretches along most of its length. Walking along the shore was an enjoyable experience especially as the weather was good and mostly dry.
Our holiday included coach trips to places of interest in North Wales, including the Snowdonia National Park so more about Llandudno and the rest of our time away next week.


7 comments:

  1. I'm so surprised, Llandudno could easily be in New Zealand - especially with those Cabbage Trees along the waterfront!

    Linda thank you for joining up with my followers - I look forward to reading your next post.

    hugs
    Shane

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely vacation I've had looking at your pictures. The sky is beautiful! Make lots of memories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linda,

    Looks like the perfect place to go on holiday, thanks for showing us your photos.
    As Shane said, we have the Cabbage tree growing here in New Zealand.
    I really love the bright colours the houses are painted, reminds me of the little place of Dartmouth where we stayed.

    Happy weekend
    Hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely to have a holiday in North Wales. Your photos as wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oHHHH this place is superb!!! And am I right if I see palms growing there? The weather must be very mild....
    Hope you had a great time. I was in Italy at a family wedding!!! so much fun and such good food!!!!:-))) un bacio cara

    ReplyDelete
  6. What incredible views and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't realize that Wales was far enough south to have tropical flora and fauna. I never would have imagined palm trees!

    ReplyDelete