3 Aug 2012

By the old wall


I went for a walk in the park intending to go into the walled garden and library. I didn't linger outside because there was a steady drizzle of rain. There's a path and plant border that leads to the library beside the old wall and there's always something different to see as the months of the year go by.


I like the combination colours of the teasels and the evening primrose flowers.



There's an old yew tree just by the entrance to the children's library 
and I sheltered under it to take a photo of the rose garden.


There are masses of hydrangea bushes by the library with flowers of all different hues.



4 comments:

  1. my mothers yard was full of hydrangeas, she loved them. i love the flowers in the first two shots, i have never seen them, or even heard of teezles. they are beautiful as is your photo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the electric blue colour of the teazle flowers. I bought a plant last year from the garden centre. Trouble is I think it may have had babies all over the place, there look to be loads of little teazle like seedlings in my flower border :( Your pictures are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful flowers and that tree trunk is intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such peaceful beauty in what to many is a sanctuary. I know a library is just that to me. I can't imagine having a beautiful garden surrounding it---that would be awesome. Our tend to be squat in the middle of our towns and cities and are surrounded by cement---walks, streets, other buildings crowding in. This looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete